We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Lounge Alaska Pinto Adventure

• Creator
    Topic
    78cruisingwagon
    Participant

On June 14th my wife and I left on a six week road trip to Alaska. Yesterday we arrived at the border! I will post more pics when I can

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    78cruisingwagon
    Participant

June 21

After a year and 1/2 we are finally at the Start if the Alaska Highway!!!

Attachments:
    Zapper
    Participant

Thanks for posting the pictures, what a great trip!
    Did you happen to catch up with Laverne in Juneau?

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

Zapper
    Yes we did catch up with him. He was a Very interesting person! He talked about his 43 years working for the state of Alaska tagging grizzly bears! He also gave a tour of his 30’s vintage 65 foot boat that he lives on.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

June 22
    We had a 375 mile day today from Grand Prairie Alberta to Fort Nelson British Columbia. A good portion was very windy and rainy. Even with that I felt the most relaxed driving than I have since we left a week ago. Before finding a hotel for the night we stopped at the Fort Nelson Heritage Museum. The founder and curator, Marl Brown took a liking to my Pinto.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

June 23

Left Fort Nelson this morning with destination of Watson Lake. Went through some construction . Had a picnic lunch as t Muncho Lake . Stopped at Laird Hot springs for a quick dip. Then along the Laird river to the Yukon .

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

June 24

A visit to the Sign Post Forest in Watson Lake this morning. Left a PCCA magnet on one of the posts.Made it to Whitehorse , the capital of the Yukon. We left Watson Lake late, but had an easy 300 mile ride here with minimal stops.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

June 24
    Getting ready to leave Whitehorse. We stayed at a tent only campsite in town.
    Made it to Haines Junction, less than 200 miles to the Alaska border!!
    World’s Largest​ Gold Pan !
    Grizzlies !

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

June 25

We made it!!
    A sign​ In Tok , at the Burnt Paw .
    At Delta Junction. The end of the Alaska Highway.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

pics

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

June 26th

Spend the day touristing around Fairbanks. Went to the visitors center, University Museum, and a really neat car museum . After a midnight breakfast at Denny’s, sleep, then the Dalton Highway , ( AKA Haul Road, Ice Road Trucker Road) in the morning.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

June 27th

At the pipe line north if Fairbanks​. This will likely be my last post till tomorrow night.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

June 29th

After a long challenging drive I declare that my Pinto , is the northern most Pinto in the World, having driven to the furthest north driving point in North America!!!

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

June 29

Here is where we are.

Our two day trip to Deadhorse. On the Elliott Highway found and talked to the self proclaimed northern most Packer Fan. The Start of the Dalton Highway. The pipe line crosses under the road, lunch and fuel at the Yukon River Camp, The Artic Circle sign, Camping at Miron Creek, Coldfoot for Breakfast and fuel, Atigun Pass, the tundra!

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

June 29th

Did the Arctic Ocean Shuttle Tour this morning. Got our feet wet in the Arctic Ocean!

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

June 29 th

In Deadhorse we stayed at the Aurora Hotel. A bit pricey, but food was included, including all you wanted to take with you. They had an interesting way to discourage camping. Deadhorse is an industrial town with lots of company’s, whose sole object is getting oil out of the ground, and down the pipeline.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.