Welcome Forum Car Shows Albany Lions Club Show

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A
    Parking Location – A, a great grass field with plenty of shade against the Sugar River Trail
    Class Organization – B, there were some cars parked out of class
    Trophies & Prizes – A, nice trophies donated by the sponsors
    Food – B, typical car show food
    Entertainment – C, mostly oldies…again
    Judging – B, Lions Club had there own panel of judges
    Dash Plaque – Yes
    Variety of Cars – B-C, mostly GM
    Bathrooms – n/a, only peed while I was in the gas station next door
    Weather – B
    Trophy Presentation Timing – B, the screwups came when they started handing out the wrong trophies to winners…like last year.
    Entry Fee – $10, about normal
    Overall Rating:B I really had fun at this show! It’s hard to judge a show like this when there are so many nice cars, so I have to give the judges a lot of credit.

icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Congtatulations to Amigo2K for a well deserved win at Albany!

My only comment would be for the show organizers to take a look at adding some extra classes for next years show. For example, separate classes for Corvettes, Mustangs, and Convertibles would seem to be appropriate, looking at the cars attending the 2007 show. I was in Class D (1961-1970 Original/Restored) and I am guessing there was about 30 to 35 cars in my class alone.

I liked this show and I loved the food, so I will plan on attending this show again next year. Overall, I would rate this show an A-.

Marshall

Amigo2k

Specific Ratings (A-F):

Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A. My GPS had me drive past the mobile station and into town, but they had signs in town to point me in the right direction.

Parking Location – mostly grass, some asphalt spots, no issues with dust or pollen

Class Organization – I agree with Marshall, they need to break the classes up a bit. There must of been 30-40 cars considered special interest (which included new vettes, cameros and the such

Trophies & Prizes – Nice trophy’s, and nice door prizes. I picked up a hemi replica engine, and as Marshall noted I won 3rd place for 1951-1960 restored. That was the class they put me in even though I told them it is more of a custom then a restored car. What do they judge you on? My car’s main issues, is body issues (door dings, scratches, non-matching paint fix on the hood). Still it is nice to pick up some plastic!
    Food – Good stuff! burgers, hot dogs, pulled turkey, pork, beef sanwhiches, soad, water and 1 dollar beers!

Entertainment – They had the DJ out of Ill. Good volume, standard 50-60s automotive tunes. And the DJ didn’t talk non-stop, she introduced cars as they came in, and read off name of door prize winners and read off, future shows. I like this format, then having the DJ person telling stories and yelling a people to not touch the cars….

Judging – I would like to know what they judge on ….

Dash Plaque – nice, bigger then most and a nice looking image on it

Variety of Cars – Pretty decent. I saw a lot of cars I’ve never seen before that were from Ill.

Bathrooms – At the lions club. I thought it might be on issue due to the size of where the cars were at, but it wasn’t

Weather – prefect. warm with clouds.

Trophy Presentation Timing – Started about 30 minutes early and were done before they said it was suppose to be done (nice).

Entry Fee – 10 bucks. fair. All proceeds went to the lions club.

Overall Rating: A

Other then splitting up a couple of the classes, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Where did the folks park that wanted to stop in to check the cars out?

GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – B+ For being kind of out in the middle nowhere was easy to find. Actually a very nice drive down there , took the backroads, some very apealing houses on the hills.
    Parking Location – A – Great location enough room to put up a canopy.
    Class Organization – C Like has been said a few more classes would be nice. Class D was huge.
    Trophies & Prizes – A- Nice bunch of trophies.
    Food – A Food was great, very cheap and the Pork was delicious. And you can’t beat $1 beers.
    Entertainment – B+ I thought the music was good. The DJ did a good job even though a couple of the cars might not of been quite accurate.
    Judging – B+ You could see they worked hard at getting the judging done on time and even before.
    Dash Plaque – A- Looks good.
    Variety of Cars – A- There was a very nice variety of cars for this size show.
    Bathrooms – B
    Weather – B Nice day
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A
    Entry Fee – B
    Overall Rating:B+ A very enjoyable, relaxing day. Nice ride to and from the show.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – B – Pretty easy to find, nice drive down there
    Parking Location – B – on grass and it wasn’t too long or just cut; there wasn’t much shade however
    Class Organization – C – They had a good number of classes but needed to divide up class D because there were many many cars in that particular class
    Trophies & Prizes – A – Nice trophies and they announced on time with only a little confusion
    Food – A – Great food and good prices
    Entertainment – B – good songs and not too loud
    Judging – B – seemed to be doing a good job
    Dash Plaque – B – nice dash plaque
    Variety of Cars – A – a wide variety even including tuners and trucks
    Bathrooms – C – far away at either end (gas station or Lions club)
    Weather – B- – it was good but a little hot, no rain and the clouds kept the sun from beating down!
    Trophy Presentation Timing – B
    Entry Fee – B
    Overall Rating:B-

Congratulations to Amigo2k on his trophy! icon_cheers.gif

moparkid25
    Participant

Yeah that original/restored ’61-’70 class needs to be divided up more. In my class (modified ’71-85) there was only 5 cars-4 chevy’s and my mopar dontknow.gif Maybe they should break up and give the survivor’s there own class, and split the class D, maybe 61-66 and 67-70?

icon_headbang.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That’s a good idea or filter out some of those cars with specialty classes ie like Marshall said

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Where did the folks park that wanted to stop in to check the cars out?

That’s a good question. There seemed to be a little room on the other side of the Lions club and I saw a few people parking behind the car wash. There wasn’t a whole lot of room however

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys, I recently found out about this site and thought I would join up. This was my first Albany show, I generally only attend a few shows a year if I am lucky.

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A – I followed a friend, so it was a piece of cake to find.
    Parking Location – B+ – only thing that would have made it better would have been shade
    Class Organization – B- – my class could have been broken up like said above, but o well, it’s hard to break up classes when you don’t know what the turnout will be.
    Trophies & Prizes – A – seemed to go smoothly
    Food – A+ – the turkey sandwiches were GREAT!
    Entertainment – B – didn’t really pay much attention really.
    Judging – B+ – was judged by judges and not by participants or spectators
    Dash Plaque – yep, got one
    Variety of Cars – B – seemed to cover a nice gap of years
    Bathrooms – A – nice to have something other than port-a-johns
    Weather – B – a bit too warm and muggy
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A – didn’t notice any issues with it
    Entry Fee – B – seemed fair
    Overall Rating:B+ Just got a bit warm and humid towards the end, but it was a great show.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to the forum JRHAWK9!

There are many good shows each year in the Janesville area or within an hours drive of Janesville. For example, Monroe, Edgerton, Albany, and Evansville are all good shows.

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks Marshall!

yeah, I have heard about other shows in the area and may be going to a couple more this summer but it seems like my a lot of my weekends are filling up fast again this summer. Add to the fact that I am not as ambitious as I used to be in my younger years when it comes to detailing…lol

Paul

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Paul welcome to the forum! Like Marshall said there are many great shows coming up this summer. Also there are a bunch of cruise nights around here during the week – if that part of the week works better with your schedule

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.