Welcome Forum Car Shows All Buick Show Stockton IL

• Creator
    Topic
    Luxuryliners
    Participant

Anyone heard anything about this show for 2011. I believe it would be the 7th annual show put on by the Illinois Buick Club and I would like to take the Park Avenue down but I haven’t seen a flyer, date, or anything posted anywhere online. If anyone has information I want to know if the show is in the same location, entry cost, date, and class line up (the Park Ave is an 88, stock, unrestored, so that’s where my interest lies). I think the show was October 2nd last year near heartbuilt homes or something like that. Thanks in advance for any info!

Adam

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

A buddy and I took our buicks to it last year. Oct 2 was a cold, cold day but it wasn’t a bad show. From what I gather, this show is always held the first Sat of October… But I have not seen any info for it either. I don’t want to take a chance driving to stockton to find out its not on.

Let me make a post on some of the Buick sites and see if I can get some info. Despite the weather, it was a pretty nice show last year. And Stockton is only an hour from my house, so you can add 10 minutes to your drive.

Luxuryliners
    Participant

Thanks keep me posted, I know what you mean about cold shows, Mineral Point had one to be a fundraiser for the Iowa County Fair a few years back and it reached a high of 30 degrees that day in the sun, couldn’t polish the car because your hand froze to the paint! Only 7 cars showed up and they haven’t done anything similar since a reorganization of fundraiser organizers, really too bad being that it was so close to home.

moparkid25
    Participant

I got a card in the mail yesterday:

Quote:
    To previous attendees of the Illinois Buick Club Car Show-
    We regret to inform you that the Illinois Buick Club Car Show will not be held in 2011. Thank you for your support of the Illinois Buick Club Car Show in the past and we will inform you of events in the future.

I guess that sums it up. If you have any questions, here is there contact address:

Illinois Buick Club
    2404 S. Simmons Rd.
    Stockton, IL 61085

Luxuryliners
    Participant

Thanks moparkid, too bad about the show but hopefully they will do it next year and I can take the park ave then.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.