Welcome Forum The Drag Strip AMC Poll

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 19 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    hpdog259962
    Participant

I think they should, it would be an interesting idea.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I think they should, it would be an interesting idea.

I agree it would be interesting, try and bring back some of the past. I also feel that the quality of american automobiles has declined recently, and perhaps this would help change that.

GTO Man

I would like to see Chrysler bring back AMC. I always thought AMC produced a good product with some nice cars.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think they should and it would be interesting if they could develop the division to market performance vehicles. This is what I am thinking:

Make AMC a division within DC that will market perofrmance vehicles much like the SVT division within Ford or AMG within Mercedes Benz. I think if they bring back some of their prior product line such as the AMX or Javelin it may not do well due to the competition in the auto industry.

Let’s say the Hemi offerings such as the Dodge Ram SRT-10, Chrysler 300C with Hemi, Dodge Magnum with Hemi, those high output horsepower vehicles. Let’s have those affliated with AMC while losing their Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep nameplates. The lower level models can stay within their respective divisions.

What happens is you bring back a well known name, AMC, with a well known product line instead of starting from scratch like say Eagle. You already have your followers and AMC is automatically seen as an upper echelon within the DC structure.

AMC Viper SRT-10, I like the sound of that. AMC 300C Hemi, sounds good to me. The detraction would be the recognition changeover and the extra cost in materials and marketing but that can easilly be made up in a year or two.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.