Welcome Forum Car Shows Angell Park – Summer Cruisers 2nd Annual Show

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

How would you rate the show at Angell Park today? It was fun, good weather and lots of great cars and food! To rate the show just select “Rate The Show” from the dropdown menu:
    [img]http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10002/rate.JPG[/img]

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Also, did someone bring Jim Normington’s Impala to the show? I heard them call his name for a trophy!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry about the slip up crybaby2.gif crybaby2.gif
    No one was more embarrassed than me as it seemed that I was the only member of the car show committee that was instantly aware of the mistake. My humble apologies to all.

Jim’s name and car are in the computerized database from last year’s show and the announcer read the wrong name and wrong car number of the actual winner. We realize that we will need to purge the database for next years show.

Marshall

Amigo2k

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A. Lots of signs, so it was easy to find your way.

Parking Location – I got there early enough and found a spot in the shade (under a tree and sap on my car, oh well, it comes off easily). It was a little dusty, since we have not had much rain lately so it was not a surprise.

Class Organization – I thought my class was pretty good, since there was an import class. Folks from the cruiser club were not judged, which was nice and I think other shows put on by clubs should do the same (I think most of them do this).

Trophies & Prizes – They were running a bit behind, and I think it took like an hour to give out the awards, but there were a lot of awards. There were 4 trophies given out for the import/tuner section. The 1st 3 went to tuners and the 4th went to the guy with the Ghia. I don’t know if they did this on purpose or not? The Ghia hands down was the best of the older imports. A couple of other older imports (fiats), entered in the special interest group so I might see if they will let me in that group next year.

Food – Lots of options. Pizza, Arby’s roast beef sandwiches, subs, ice cream bars, burger and brats.

Entertainment – A DJ and Elvis singer guy. I’m OK with just a DJ (It would be nice if they could play some stuff from the 70’s and 80’s too… I think we should start a post to suggest some car songs for the 70-80s…. heck the 90s too!)

Judging – It was nice to read what they were judging on.

Dash Plaque – got one.

Variety of Cars – A bunch. Only like 2 old Mustangs (not counting the 2 with the Cruisers). No Cadillacs. about 12 low rider trucks, and 12 import tuners (I like these cars as long as they have some mods, but if they drive in their Moms new civic I don’t think it is really fair, because how will they not get a super high score?).

Bathrooms – No issues, plenty of porta johns.

Weather – A little warm, but there was a nice breeze

Trophy Presentation Timing – 15 minutes off, and they started out just announcing the names of the winners and not including their cars, and also they announced the the letter of their section and didn’t announce the section (I’m nit picking …..)

Entry Fee – 10 bucks. Pretty standard

Overall Rating:A-

The only small thing was the awards but that is a pretty small thing. They had many different things going on, real nice door prizes, vendors (I don’t know if this show is big enough for vendors?), they burned some stuff (FIRE FIRE <Bevis>). I think the Cruisers put on a very nice show, with lots of things you find at the bigger shows. As long as I’m available I’m planning on attending next year!

circletrack
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A ~ I live less than 10 minutes away, very easy!
    Parking Location – B ~
    Class Organization – C ~ I didn’t see any organization, but like that. I know it’s harder for judging though.
    Trophies & Prizes – B ~ Typical door prizes
    Food – B ~ A nice variety, but the prices were rather high from the Market Street Diner and I think Glass Nickel Pizza ran out after lunch. It was nice to see a variety though! The Big Bars were a hit!
    Entertainment – B ~ The music was hard to hear at times, and Elvis didn’t seem to interest many. I too wish more variety would be mixed in with the music.
    Judging – B ~ I also appreciate seeing what I’m going to be judged in, they did a nice job.
    Dash Plaque – I got one…
    Variety of Cars – A ~ Lots of nice cars, some I’ve never seen before. It would be nice to see some of those cars at the local cruise nights.
    Bathrooms – B ~ More portable ones would’ve been nice.
    Weather – A ~ It can’t get any better! Sun and a slight breeze!
    Trophy Presentation Timing – C ~ At times it was hard to hear the announcer (I was in the back) and at other times I had no idea what class they were announcing. I also appreciate hearing what type of car won, not just the owner(s). They started this later in their presentation. I was happy to see more trophies in the larger classes, but feel the number given to club members was a bit excessive. Most shows give 1 or 2.
    Entry Fee – Standard
    Overall Rating:B

Amigo2k

[img]http://www.walkerdowney.com/j.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.walkerdowney.com/p.JPG[/img]

GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A Very easy to find on Hwy N off of 12.
    Parking Location – B+ Plenty of parking places. THe only issue I had was dust from the road.
    Class Organization – A- Plenty of classes.
    Trophies & Prizes – B+ Many trophies.
    Food – B+ Nice variety
    Entertainment – A-
    Judging – A From watching the judges they put allot of time into the judging.
    Dash Plaque – B
    Variety of Cars – A-
    Bathrooms – B
    Weather – A
    Trophy Presentation Timing – B
    Entry Fee – B
    Overall Rating:A- Very enjoyable day.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Sorry about the slip up crybaby2.gif crybaby2.gif
    No one was more embarrassed than me as it seemed that I was the only member of the car show committee that was instantly aware of the mistake. My humble apologies to all.

Jim’s name and car are in the computerized database from last year’s show and the announcer read the wrong name and wrong car number of the actual winner. We realize that we will need to purge the database for next years show.
    Marshall

Wow….

I would get that cleared up. Like last year, computers and car shows obviously don’t work well together.

Blanchardville is giving away a Jim Normington Best GM award in remembrance of Jim. He was a super guy and I’m glad I had the pleasure to know him.

icon_headbang.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?very easy to get to
    Parking Location– pretty good, like it when cars are not segregated into kinds
    Class Organization– I think as there are getting more cars that the years need to be broken down further. Should not have 20 years of cars in one category.
    Trophies & Prizes– I got too hot, so we did not stay,,but we did win a trophy that we did not expect to win, we aren’t trophy hounds. we go for fun
    Food – liked the variety
    Entertainment -Elvis was Ok but I don’t think necessary. DJ could have been louder at times. I think the door prizes should be done every 10-15 minutes or so.
    Judging-They seemed to be thorough and spent some time with each car.
    Dash Plaque-got one
    Variety of Cars-very good
    Bathrooms– I only saw one porta potty though I am sure there were more
    Weather-great
    Trophy Presentation Timing – didnt stay
    Entry Fee – normal
    Overall Rating:B+

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – B – Pretty easy
    Parking Location – C+ – It was on the grass which is good but it was dusty, there were some shade spots too
    Class Organization – A – seemed to have a lot of classes so that was good
    Trophies & Prizes – A – Lots of prizes and tons of trophies
    Food – A+ – Many different kinds as already mentioned, I had Glass Nickel pizza
    Entertainment – A – music was good and Tony Rocker was good as well
    Judging – A – seemed to be good
    Dash Plaque – B – yep normal
    Variety of Cars – A – A good variety
    Bathrooms – B
    Weather – B – A little warm but other than that nice
    Trophy Presentation Timing – C- – They were going to start at 3 but then it got delayed and with so many trophies it might work well to hold applause until after each class
    Entry Fee – B standard
    Overall Rating:A-

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.