Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Anyone use craigslist.madison.com?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was just wondering.

On one of the other forums that I frequent (Vintage Mustang Forums, VMF), a poster was ranting and raving about buying and selling on craigslist. Low and behold, I find that we have one here locally.

I found a 1967 Ford Galaxie convertible in Montello that I have taken an interest in. Allowing for the seller to contact me this weekend, I plan to drive up and take a look at it.

I haven’t spent alot of time on craigslist, but so far, I am pretty impressed with what I have seen.

Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 136 through 150 (of 1,458 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Ah the power of Craigslist:
    Shortly after a homeowner evicted a tenant, an ad appeared in Craigslist inviting people to take whatever they want from the home. A couple days later, the house was stripped of everything, including light fixtures, windows, hot water heater and the kitchen sink.
    Rest of Story

Amigo2k

http://madison.craigslist.org/car/307761984.html

67 Ford T Bird for sale – $1500

for sale 67 Ford T Bird Grate Condition I had got this car 5 to 6 months ago I wantes to fix it up and make it a driver , But I have too many Projects already It has half a motor in it , I beleave It is seesed , I have the exsact motor (390) in good running condition. it has a small cam in it with a holly carb all you have to do is put it in . the frame is in exelant shap, no holes in the floor boords or rockers. small hole in the trunk (the size of a soft ball) needs body work . Awsome car , it has a trany in it as well as on the motor that I have ( allready atached) Im asking $1500 with motor and trany if interasted make offer Need to sell. I have more pics E mail me @ low_vibe@hotmail.com or call 414 793-7145 ask for Ben

9MRkWRbw753JaIyPqjVCDu3ncaFX.jpg

GTO Man

Must not use spell-checker.

Anonymous
    Inactive

icon_cheesygrin.gif icon_cheesygrin.gif icon_cheesygrin.gif

MMRJR

Amigo2k

1952 GMC 1/2 ton pickup – 5 window cab – $3200

http://madison.craigslist.org/car/307769705.html

Here is a 1952 GMC 1/2 ton pickup that I bought about eight years ago. Other than routine maintenance (oil changes) I haven’t had to do a thing to it. I’ve put maybe a 1000 miles on it. The previous owner rebuilt it extensively, including the engine which was overhauled about 6 or 7,000 miles ago. All the stickers and custom paint was his doing too – I just drove it and never got around to doing anything about them.

The motor is the straight six 228 workhorse. It runs very well. The truck has a floor shift, 5 speed with granny gear. The cab is the 5 window version with the curved glass corners. The bed is wood – cedar I believe. There is no rust that I can see, and there is no bondo on this thing. The previous owner had it in hills of Kalamath Falls, Oregon and did much of the rebuilding there. Don’t think they use salt out there. :) He also lengthened the bed slightly and so when he brought it to Wisconsin, WisDOT’s branded it a Hobbyist rather than a Collector. (Hobbyist plates are just like Collector’s in that you register once and never again. You could go back to Collector by returning the bed to stock. I have the WisDOT paperwork on this as well.) It has slotted aluminum mag wheels and wide tires in great shape. The electrical system was converted from 6 to 12 volts.

Only known issues with the truck are: it has a dent in one rear fender when it rolled backwards into the corner of the garage. A body guy told me it was an easy fix. (I’ll tell you the garage was much, much worse for the wear.) That same boo-boo also clipped off one of the rear tail lights and so it needs a light, and that left a short somewhere in the back that I haven’t chased down. The headlight switch is defective – I think I bought one but never had the time ot put it in. And lastly, the parking brake needs adjustment as it doesn’t hold tight as it should.

I have many more photos I can share via e-mail, and several boxes of parts that include a spare head, the original grill, carburator, clutch fan, fuel pump, distributor, water pump, king pins, lights, door weatherstrip, side mirrors, etc. I also have a box full of old truck restoration magazines, original shop manuals and owners guides, etc.

I really don’t want to part with this baby but, I don’t have time to tinker with, or drive it anymore, and would prefer it go to someone who can. And my wife would like to have a garage stall back. :) Asking $3200 or best offer.

9epriOL3brtCBxPQ1oOs8JqKk82w.jpg

Amigo2k

1963 Mercury Comet Convertible – $7950

All original, well equipped Mercury Comet convertible. This car has 260 V8, automatic, power top and AM radio. 49k actual miles. Runs and looks great. Call Mark for info. 414-425-1669

http://madison.craigslist.org/car/307804383.html

Ny886KnYUp13kLLPfqeKFWBDqGW5.jpg

Amigo2k

LALo0CKKc1Sk1CL1PfyhPst2Xara.jpg

1946 Chevy Street Rod Pickup Truck – $20000

1946 Chevy Street Rod Pickup Truck.
    383 with 420hp 3000 rpm stall converter
    $5000 in engine
    asking $20,000

http://madison.craigslist.org/car/309136866.html

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    All original, well equipped Mercury Comet convertible. This car has 260 V8, automatic, power top and AM radio. 49k actual miles. Runs and looks great. Call Mark for info. 414-425-1669

You don’t see too many of these at the shows

Amigo2k

http://madison.craigslist.org/car/310638233.html

gaSXgP4cz8ECLVAJ2zzCUVVizM6h.jpg

Needs restoration. 4 door, Hydramatic, Continental Kit, factory A/C, (missing under hood). Has incorrect single carb, should be dual carbs. Have complete extra Lemans engine complete with dual carbs and air cleaner available, inquire. Front floor rusty, unibody solid, Left rocker rusty, NOS replacement included. Interior poor. Also have a ’55 Statesman 4 door Lemans available, 36k miles, some rust in unibody, engine stuck, has correct dual carb flathead. In Hartford Auto Museum. Beautiful interior. Asking 2,000. Reply above or call 262-673-6234. Pictures are of Ambassador. Also selling 2 1958 Ambassador Wagons, 1972 Ambassador Wagon, many parts.

GTO Man

Allot of variety, from the old truck to the Nash to the Mercury convertible. Some nice cars.

Amigo2k

1953 Chevy Gasser Big Block – $12500

For Sale: 1953 Chevy Gasser. Straight axle. disk brakes. Built 396. roller cam and rockers, Wiend intake and holley 850 Carb. Turbo 400 with 3500 stall, ladder traction bars, ford rear end 456 gears. 1 wire alternator, comes with slicks. With the slicks on this car will pull the front wheels off the ground.
    Pushing about 500 hp. Old school gasser design. no rust, no bondo. west coast car. has black matte primer. New rims and tires. serious inquiries only.
    12,500.00 firm. Mauston. 608-853-1220

CdXBWN3AXLSQ6pX50iqXYstEanop.jpg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Interesting, 500hp eh? w00t.gif

Amigo2k

1955 REO Civil Defense Truck – $5200

1955 REO Civil Defense Truck: This truck was originally set up as a rescue truck for Civil Defense during the cold war. It has several compartments built into the sides, and more storage including several shelves inside. The previous owner used it as part of a home health care business.

The chassis is a REO model F22B with a GVW of 20,000 pounds. The engine is a REO model OH200 6-cylinder, and it is backed by a 4-speed manual transmission. The truck has approximately 80,000 original miles, and it runs good. The dual rear tires are 10.00 x 20, and the front tires are 9.00 x 20. All are mounted on 6-hole Budd wheels. In addition, there is a spare tire mounted underneath the truck.

I am listing this truck for a friend of mine who is a REO collector and retired truck driver. He said that this truck runs good, and can be driven anywhere. If you have any specific questions feel free to call him. His name is Clary, and you can reach him at 608-241-2312. His asking price is $5200.

http://madison.craigslist.org/car/314749342.html

wDwSrqKkN8AVsCsszslqW5xSUtRg.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Little bit of everything for sale

Viewing 15 replies - 136 through 150 (of 1,458 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.