Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Anyone use craigslist.madison.com?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was just wondering.

On one of the other forums that I frequent (Vintage Mustang Forums, VMF), a poster was ranting and raving about buying and selling on craigslist. Low and behold, I find that we have one here locally.

I found a 1967 Ford Galaxie convertible in Montello that I have taken an interest in. Allowing for the seller to contact me this weekend, I plan to drive up and take a look at it.

I haven’t spent alot of time on craigslist, but so far, I am pretty impressed with what I have seen.

Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 76 through 90 (of 1,458 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Marshall ~ where on Lacy Road? I work at the corner of Fish Hatchery and Lacy and have never seen the car.

Craigslist is becoming quite popular, does anyone know if you pay for the listings and if so, how much?

Amigo2k
    GTO Man
    Quote:
    Wow, talk about selling quick. I should have suspected that this one would not linger long on the list. Has anyone tried to buy the white coupe that has been parked outside the garage for several years on Lacy Road? I don’t know what the car has for a motor but it looks good from a distance. It would appear to be a big block since it has the Cowl Induction hood.
    Marshall

I have seen that car there for a number of years. I have been tempted to stop a number of times but haven’t. I would be very surprised if no one had stopped to see if could be bought. From a distance it is deteriorating.

GTO Man
    Quote:

Could be an interesting car. Black 2-door with an inline 6.

GTO Man
    Quote:
    Marshall ~ where on Lacy Road? I work at the corner of Fish Hatchery and Lacy and have never seen the car.

Craigslist is becoming quite popular, does anyone know if you pay for the listings and if so, how much?

Follow Lacy West past Seminole, the car is to the left up off the road in front of a barn or garage. Once you hit Seminole it is about 3/4 of a mile I believe.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:

I helped someone list a house and a couple other items on there. It is a free service to list things. Great idea and resource!

Anonymous
    Inactive

As you drive West on Lacy Road, once you have crossed over Seminole Highway, the house sits on top of the hill on your left. This is an old farmhouse and the Chevelle in parked in front of the small barn. It is less than a quarter mile from the intersection of Seminole and Lacy. It is not covered and is just sitting there facing the road. Like GTO Man, I have admired this car from afar for several years. I have never had the courage to stop and try and buy the car.

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

Circletrack – My home is very close to Lacy and Fish Hatchery. Not much more than a stone’s throw from that location.

Marshall

Amigo2k

69 Impala SS 427 4spd – $9500

9fqBC5jMaTxIgaYvdd689Fwk5HvI.jpg

69 Impala SS,427(390hp)411 posi,4speed, custom, for sale. Bench seat. Red with black vinyl roof & interior. It is a all numbers matching car. Has protecto plate but no build sheet.
    Nothing hid, car is rusty but worth the restoration! I bought car because of the rarety and hope to make a little money on it to restore another car I have. I know almost nothing about the car, but will try my hardest to answer any questions you may have. Asking $10,000 OBO. Please call 608-225-1596 or e-mail at danoble@verizon.net

I know just enough about body work to be dangerous, but know that this car can be fixed. It will certainly save someone much money if he can do some of it himself. It will take a frame off resto, but from what info I have recieved from others, it will be worth it. It probably is 95+ % complete. Don’t know the car that well, but it does appear that there is a lower rocker molding missing. Original exhaust manifolds are also missing, along with the breather assembly. Surprisedly, the vinyl top is in very good condition.
    Story I got on the car was that the man that owned it before me bought it when it was only a couple of years old. He has passed away a few years ago and the car was drove into a barn for storage for about 12 yrs and has been outside for the last couple of years. I bought it from the remaining family.
    I have done a fair amount of research and it seems to be a general concensous that in it’s present condition, it is worth anywhere between $7,000 & $12,000. But, consider how often will you find one for sale that’s original & numbers matching?v21bpGNza8lKAdVUVdAXugi6jjrB.jpg

GTO Man

Interesting car. If original would be very rare. 417 4-speed with a bench seat has to be a rare combination.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Nice car! icon_punk.gif

Amigo2k

A red, 1966 Volvo 1800S-335 in good condition, price negotiable – $9500

http://madison.craigslist.org/car/287854521.html

TuAiy6pJH51Vf8vIsjQGEbvXv6fi.jpg

GTO Man
    Quote:
    Interesting car. If original would be very rare. 417 4-speed with a bench seat has to be a rare combination.

A car with a 417 would probably be a one of a kind.

Amigo2k

1966 Chevelle wagon

http://madison.craigslist.org/car/290184582.html

1966 Chevelle station wagon, matching numbers 327 engine and powerglide transmission. Factory power steering and brakes. Dealer installed a/c. 91k original miles, solid Kansas car. Repainted the correct Marina blue. Great driver, asking $15k or best offer. Car is located near Chicago, Illinois.

0mCiEBxm9pdjLtL2CiPK7TNWRDYy.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Now there is a rare car. When was the last time any of us ever saw a Chevelle Station Wagon? icon_scratch.gif

Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 76 through 90 (of 1,458 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.