Welcome Forum Car Shows Appleton Car Show – 30th annual

• Creator
    Topic
    RivFan
    Participant

O.K. so I’m new to this forum and couldn’t figure out how to start a “rate the show” post, but I thought I’d post some comments about the Appleton Car Show which was just held on Sunday, July 22.

The Appleton show was celebrating their 30th anniversary. It is located in Pierce Park (a short jaunt off of Highway 41), which is an absolutely beautiful setting to host a car show. I have to say this was probably the best show I have ever attended in Wisconsin. Over 1000 cars! Are you into Mopars? Mustangs? ’55-’57 T-Birds, GTOs? or Chevy’s? (and I know those of you who frequent this site are!) Well you would have had plenty of eye candy to check out at this show. After 30 years, they have the parking, food, etc. pretty well figured out. This is a FREE show for participants as well as spectators. Half the town sits in lawn chairs near the entrance to watch all of the particpants arrive at the show.

If you’re in to collecting trophies, this is probably not your show. It is participant judged, with each participant selecting 3 choices in their own class only. There’s no way you could vote in other classes with the sheer volume of cars to look over. One “best of class” trophy was awarded for each class, along with a few specialty awards (mayor’s choice, etc.). I think there was a total of about 37 trophies presented. You do the math – 37 trophies, 1000 cars, means there’s a low percentage chance that you would come away with a prize…

If you just like looking at a huge variety of cool cars (even 6 or so Riviera’s – what a treat!), I would highly recommend putting the Appleton Car Show in 2008 on your list of shows to attend…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Sounds like a great show, I know I had considered going this year. If you click on the drop down in the box that says insert message there is the selection for rate the car show.
    ratetheshowhowto.jpg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum! The Appleton show sounds like a lot of fun and is comparable in size to Automotion in the Dells. Have you been to that one?

Quote:
    Are you into Mopars? Mustangs? ’55-’57 T-Birds, GTOs? or Chevy’s? (and I know those of you who frequent this site are!

Yes to all the above! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.