Welcome Forum The Lounge Arctic ice melt worse than predicted: scientists

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Artic Ice Melt Article

Its too bad people in this country don’t take this issue very seriously. People in other parts of the world are trying to do something about it.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

There are other reports (by some of the same scientists in the initial reports) that claim that the global warming peaked years ago. That it is actually cooler now than ten years ago. And even other statements claiming a peak in the 1930’s.

For me I have seen nothing but opinions. Nature goes thru cycles. When I go outside right now it is colder than I ever remember any December, yet we are not setting any record temps. Most of the records I see on the news are from the 1930’s and the early to mid 1990’s supporting the other claims.

I don’t know what to believe, but I do know I won’t believe Al Gore. He won’t even debate the possibility of being wrong, and that makes me feel he is.

GTO Man

We could use an ice melt around here.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    There are other reports (by some of the same scientists in the initial reports) that claim that the global warming peaked years ago. That it is actually cooler now than ten years ago. And even other statements claiming a peak in the 1930’s.

For me I have seen nothing but opinions. Nature goes thru cycles. When I go outside right now it is colder than I ever remember any December, yet we are not setting any record temps. Most of the records I see on the news are from the 1930’s and the early to mid 1990’s supporting the other claims.

I don’t know what to believe, but I do know I won’t believe Al Gore. He won’t even debate the possibility of being wrong, and that makes me feel he is.

The IPCC (International Panel for Climate Change) has released several reports over the last year, concluding that global warming is real and man-made. This was one of the first reports they released this year:
    http://www.usatoday.com/weather/climate/globalwarming/2007-02-01-ipcc-report_x.htm

IPCC is made up of scientists from over 100 countries.

More information about the consensus:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26065-2004Dec25.html

jonmandude
    Participant

The IPCC claims to be made up of scientists from 100 countries but that is untrue. The original scientists that helped set up the IPCC have left and have releases reports that question the IPCC findings.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.