Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Area restaurants you enjoy

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

I was thinking this would be a good way to spread the word about good places to eat at, so I’ll start with some of my favorites:

The Tilted Kilt. I know what your thinking, but I go there for the food :laugh: . Its a lil pricy, but the selections are delicious. The wait staff is on the ball when it comes to a refill too. Unfortunately, don’t order the nacho’s unless you know there $13…

Qdoba’s. I love Mexican food, and when I want to get something good and quick (not fast food), I’ll stop in and grab a burrito or some chicken taco’s. There desert brownies are also excellent!

Pasqual’s. Another mexican food place down on Monroe Street that is excellent.

Bella Italia. This is a true Italian restaurant on Sherman Ave. across from Kavanaugh’s Esquire Club. Everything is made to order, and the price is right. A well-equipped dinner for two can be had for $25.

TGI Friday’s. I’ve started going here to get a good sirloin steak since the demise of Houlihan’s in Middleton. You can get quite the meal and enjoy a great, fun atmosphere but its gonna cost you a bit.

Oregon Family Restaurant. If your looking for a cheap, filling breakfast, this is the place. Most breakfast meals will cost a person $5-6.

Just writing this made me hungry, I hope my partner here at work gets back with our Milio’s sandwiches soon….:)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lordairgtar
    Participant

Fisherman’s Luck near the Dells, right on the River. It’s more of a bar and grill. I started going there about 12 years ago when they had 1 lb. chuck steaks for 5 bucks. That included a huge pile of fried potatoes with it and a great view of the Wisconsin River. I think it costs $7.50 nowadays…inflation ya know. I like TGI Fridays and Outback Steakhouse. When travelling, I like to find little local places that the locals like to eat at. Ned’s Pizza in Milwaukee and Demarinis Pizza in Bay View are good.

circletrack
    Participant

Texas Roadhouse has some good food at reasonable prices.

Usually any bowling alley has pretty good burgers and fries, along with the locally owned restaurants in town. Same for Friday night fish fries ~ the smaller family owned restaurants are good places to eat.

Amigo2k

Copper Top by Vitense Golf (affordable classic meals).

The Library Bar (which use to be BBOC, Best Burgers on Campus), 3 blocks from camp randel, great bar food super affordable on game day, and I will almost always find a seat on game day to watch on their LCD screens.

GTO Man

I would second Copper Top. Good food at good prices.

The Gasthaus Tavern in Roxbury. Try the Roxburger, low on cholesterol.

Xman
    Participant

Church Key on campus for lunch. Big burger and fries $5. Try to go there every Friday for lunch…

Anywhere with a Fillet Mignon, “Beef its what’s for dinner” :)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Amigo2k wrote:

Quote:
    Copper Top by Vitense Golf (affordable classic meals).

The Library Bar (which use to be BBOC, Best Burgers on Campus), 3 blocks from camp randel, great bar food super affordable on game day, and I will almost always find a seat on game day to watch on their LCD screens.

I’ll second both of these! The Library really has great food – especially their Cajun Fries. I eat there about once a week.

Another place downtown by the stadium is Micky’s Dairy Bar. They have delicious food at very reasonable prices and in addition are a historic part of Madison

GTO Man

I like the food at QSL, there are many good choices, the only thing is that the service can be slow. The garage area is great. I like the adult oriented atmosphere for the cruise-in.

Paisan’s downtown is great for pizza. Great view of Lake Monona.

moparkid25
    Participant

I had Taco John’s for the first time last night. Not too bad, I really liked the Potato Ole’s and the cinnamon desserts.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.