Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Article in Saturday’s Paper

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I came across a listing/notice for an outfit called Blue Chip Street Rods in Madison. Specifically, it was an invitation to their “open house” for this coming Friday and Saturday, March 24 and March 25. I checked to see if they have a website and they do – bluechipstreetrods.com

They appear to have about a dozen or so classics or street rods that are first rate. I especially noticed about three really sweet Chevelles. I am kicking around the idea of dropping in next week on Saturday and looking at what they have to offer.

Did anyone else know that this business was in town and right in our own back yard? They are located on World Dairy Drive.

Marshall

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

That was the first I had heard about them in that article. I will have to check out their site. Nice to see more car businesses in town.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I also have not heard of them. They have a very nice site too

GTO Man

I believe Dave Larson who was referenced in the article was involved with Capitol Corvette.

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    I believe Dave Larson who was referenced in the article was involved with Capitol Corvette.

Exactly… and for those that know the history behind Capitol Corvette, I don’t think I’d be too quick to leave my vehicle at Blue Chip. I haven’t seen any of the work they do, the Purple 3 window belongs to a club member….

Let’s hope it works out and no one gets hurt… :(

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is a prime example of the beauty of the Madison forum. The Dave Larson deal was unfolding around 1993. I know a retired police officer from the Fitchburg Police Department that lost his beloved 1967 Corvette in that deal.

I am so happy to be associated with folks who not only know cars, but know the car world going back a few years. Thanks for the info. I knew that someone would have some G2 (intel) on this business.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Marshall,

Its good to hear that this forum is able to help someone out, that’s what its all about

GTO Man

I stopped at their open house today. They had some nice cars. Mainly street rods and customs. Looks like they do quality work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

GTO Man,
    Same here. I stopped in and actually spent a couple of hours talking with the owners son and some of the technicians. Did they have awesome cars or what? I am still drooling over that Black Chevelle SS and the black 32 Ford Truck street rod.

I did learn that the shop rate is $59 an hour and they will take on all jobs, big or small. From a simple tune-up to a total frame off restoration, they can and will do the job.

Did you happen to see that turquoise 66 Oldsmobile Cutlass sitting just outside and behind the shop?

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Oh sounds like a very nice place, I wish I could have stopped by today. I’ll have to make it a point to get out there sometime

Anonymous
    Inactive

Garabaldi,

I would encourage you to drop in. I got the impression that they are small enough and informal enough to show an occasional visitor what they are all about. Also, you can pretty much see the entire operation, once you walk in, since it is mostly open space.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

We meant to stop by also and never got the chance. The pictures all look nice. Where is the painting done? From the pictures it looks like everything is right out in the open, I would hope they have a paint booth!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good Point!

I had the same questions/concerns, and never got around to asking, but in touring the facility, I did not see a paint booth on the premises. Could it be that they have a sister site or remote site where they do the painting? Or, do they farm that part out. I know that they subcontract the media blasting out at the start of a typical restoration.

Marshall

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.