Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Auto Care Products

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Has anyone found any new auto care products that they would like to share? I think Meguiar’s products are the best I have found. I like their Ultimate Detailer, Gold Class wax, NXT line, among others.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

I use Turtle Wax “Ice” on my car and get great results!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Meguiar’s #5 yellow paste wax, once in spring, and Lucas Oil Mist & Shine almost exclusively, although Wizard’s spray detailer is a close second for a quick wipe down at the shows.

circletrack
    Participant

Marshall ~ I used to love Wizards, but it tends to build up on my car. I know plenty swear by that stuff!

Amigo2k

I just happened to find Lucas Oil Mist & Shine at Autozone on Verona rd.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ryan- You were lucky to find it on the shelf, anywhere. I chased around Madison early last year looking for it, with no luck. I started ordering it from Summit Racing, and usually purchase several bottles with each order. I know other car owners from the shows who buy this product by the case!

Rachael-You might like this Lucas Oil product, as it doesn’t leave any residual build-up and you can use it on chrome and hard plastic. As I recall, you can find the Wizard’s product at Automotion and at the Spring and Fall Jefferson shows. This product is not inexpensive, though. I does have a great smell, too.

I used the Simoniz Ice product one year and it works well, too.

moparkid25
    Participant

I use Meguiars products exclusively. So exclusively that the regional rep wanted to meet with me this month! They are also sending me a banner for my shop. I use the gold class wax on many customers vehicles because it is long lasting and provides a deep shine. Meguiars Quik Detailer is nice, but after a few uses you either need to wash your car or spray it down with soft water and wipe the water with a microfiber cloth. Its more expensive, but the ultimate detailer is a very nice product. I’ve used and sworn by Wizards for many moons, but it is not the best product out there. I recently got some Tech Wax 2.0 and synthetic sealant #21 to try out. I haven’t used it on any customer cars yet, only because I try all the new stuff on my own cars and trucks. If I like it, I’ll recommend it and continue to use it religiously :)

I have a couple Meguairs catalogs if anyone would like them. They are good for helping a person decide what products are best for them.

MRWS6
    Participant

Meguiars does have one of the best complete line-ups of car care products. I buy some of their professional line in bulk. Their M105 and M205 compound/polishes are great to use with either a rotary or random orbital for paint correction. I also use their D151 PRC when I need a all in one product. Hyper Dressing is a sweet product too for exterior trim and tires.
    Menzerna is another high quality product from Germany. Their P085RD polish works great on hard clear coats. For last step products I like to use Zaino Z5 or Pinnacle Sovereign. Some of the best quick detailers in my opinion are Zaino Z8,Z6, Duragloss Aqua Wax and Mothers Show Time.

circletrack
    Participant

Barry and his makeup… :)

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

I also use Meguires pretty much exclusively. Which helped me to land a sponsorship from them for car care products. But for paint buffing, I still think that 3M has a better line in terms of micro polishes and buffing compounds…but thats a slightly different application.

circletrack
    Participant

MMRJR wrote:

Quote:
    Ryan- You were lucky to find it on the shelf, anywhere. I chased around Madison early last year looking for it, with no luck. I started ordering it from Summit Racing, and usually purchase several bottles with each order. I know other car owners from the shows who buy this product by the case!

Rachael-You might like this Lucas Oil product, as it doesn’t leave any residual build-up and you can use it on chrome and hard plastic. As I recall, you can find the Wizard’s product at Automotion and at the Spring and Fall Jefferson shows. This product is not inexpensive, though. I does have a great smell, too.

I used the Simoniz Ice product one year and it works well, too.

Marshall ~ I took your advice and ordered some of the Lucas Oil Shine (I didn’t feel like searching Madison for it, did anyone try Farm & Fleet?)… The Chevelle is still in storage, I’m going to get it out next week and give it a good detailing, I’ll let you know what I think!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Amigo2K posted that he found it on the shelf at the AutoZone store on Verona Road. Knowing this, I would guess that you could find it at any AutoZone store in the Madison area.

circletrack
    Participant

No Autozone near me… I didn’t want to spend time searching. The bottles were here in less than 3 days ~ I’m good!

mdunn6
    Participant

My Stang was cut, buffed, and sealed with
    Wizards. I liked it so much i became a Dealer
    Mist – n- Shine works AWSOME !
    I have had good results with customers cars

WIZARDS
    MAKE IT SHINE !

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.