Welcome Forum The Lounge Auto Museum Wants YOUR Car

• Creator
    Topic
    Motorama Auto Museum Ltd.
    is a 501(c)(3) Non-profit Charitable Organization which is currently accepting automobile donations.

Your donated vehicle goes to preserve and display twentieth century automobiles for their historic value, unique engineering and aesthetics. We want any odd, rare, or unusual stuff, foreign or domestic, but we can use just about anything.

Significant salvageable vehicles will be restored and shown indoors. Ones that are beyond saving are displayed outdoors in our “Boneyard” area. Other vehicles will be repaired and/or resold to help cover the museum’s costs.

You will receive tax credit for the value of the vehicle. In some cases, this credit may exceed what you could otherwise sell it for. For more info, please contact the museum at (715) 449-2141.

Motorama is open May – Oct., Tuesday – Saturday.

For more info, see our webpage, Like us on Facebook, and view lots of pictures of Motorama.
    Tom Zat’s SSZ Stradale race car, “Elvira”, is on display at the museum, and will be featured at this year’s Iola Car Show featuring Pace and Race Cars.

[attachment=418]SSZMk3FrtLfElvr.jpg[/attachment]

When you’re in the Wausau area, plan to stop by and check us out.

You have to see it to believe it!
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

That is a nice idea for someone to donate a car where other people can enjoy it for years to come. That can also be a sizeable tax write-off. Too many cars sitting in sheds and garages that never get driven and probably never will.

GTO Man,

You are SO right. It can be a big write-off, and sometimes it’s a lot more money than you’d get elsewhere.

Recently, two ’80s DeTomaso LongChamps went to the crusher, and the guy got $1200 total. :sick: We could have issued him a $5-6K tax credit for the pair, and those two cars would have been saved.

They were rough. They may not have been worth restoring. But they had a ton of good parts and they still were intact enough to display.

Watch for them soon, when they show up at a Harbor Trash near you, re-smelted back into a cheap crescent wrench!! (Excuse me while I go puke now. :woohoo: )

moparkid25
    Participant
    MVRegistrationRights wrote:
    GTO Man,

You are SO right. It can be a big write-off, and sometimes it’s a lot more money than you’d get elsewhere.

Recently, two ’80s DeTomaso LongChamps went to the crusher, and the guy got $1200 total. :sick: We could have issued him a $5-6K tax credit for the pair, and those two cars would have been saved.

They were rough. They may not have been worth restoring. But they had a ton of good parts and they still were intact enough to display.

Watch for them soon, when they show up at a Harbor Trash near you, re-smelted back into a cheap crescent wrench!! (Excuse me while I go puke now. :woohoo: )

And now I’ve to clean the chocolate milk that came shooting out of my nose off my desk, keyboard, and monitor! :laugh: :laugh:

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.