Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Automobile Art

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

I have some prints from Dave Snyder and Bruce Kaiser. There are many good artists out there who produce some really cool prints. Who do you like and why? Post the pics if possible.
    thegreatonebg3bh.jpg
    The Great One

flitefuel1vp.jpg
    Flite Fuel for the Birds and Bees

fastfred6vg.jpg
    Fast Freds – lighted picture

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Those are all great prints!! Also you can’t tell from the pictures but they light up, the headlights and signs and such. Really great work, its amazing how they can capture the reflections in paints of the cars, I could never do that!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m a big fan of the works of Michael Irvine.

http://www.michaelirvine.com

New To The Chase – I bought this a couple of years ago. It’s a tribute to the classic car chase in Bullitt with McQueen’s Mustang vs. The Charger. Added to the mix is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt.
    nttc-finished.jpg

Shakin’ Up The Street – A print recapturing the rebirth of the Mach 1 Mustang
    SUS-imageonly.jpg

From Showroom To Showfield
    showfield_main.jpg

Evolution Of A Legend
    ev2.jpg

The General’s Stars Have Stripes
    GSS-PRINT-small_000.jpg

GTO Man

Those are all great prints. I especially like the Bullett chase and Shakin’up the Streets.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Those are all great prints. I especially like the Bullett chase and Shakin’up the Streets.

Yeah me too! I wouldn’t mind owning that Bullitt Chase one, I’ll have to look into it further.

GTO Man

autoart16xw.jpgautoart26xw.jpgautoart35io.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

I bought the Village Ford/Shelby print at Iola last year. Actually, I ended up buying two prints, matted and framed and ready to hang. Worked out to be $225 apiece plus tax. I proudly display the Village Ford/Shelby print so that anyone entering my house will see it right away. Now if I could just find the matching Shelby to park in the garage!

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That matching shelby sure would be nice! :D icon_punk.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wonder if theres a place u can order those prints from or catalog or somethin.. i specially like the fast freds one! icon_punk.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you can wait until next year’s Iola show, there is a vendor who usually has a nice selection of everyone’s work at reasonable prices. I like this guy because the prints are framed and matted and you can pick from many before you make your final choice.

If you do not want to wait until July, do a general search on Google or Yahoo, using the search words “auto art” or “fast fred’s” and see what you come up with.

Marshall

GTO Man

I have Fast Fred’s as a lighted print. It is cool. I believe it is sold out from what I understand but there is a secondary market. I bought mine at Jefferson I believe Dennis Wiskows gallery. The link is http://www.dwautoart.com/index.html. I have found it pays to shop around on the internet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Several years ago there was an A&W restaurant in town (plymouth) that had a bunch of paintings of the Detroit Grand Prix. Those were some impressive paintings. Really brought the feeling of motion into the artwork. :) :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just did a search on ebay for “Dale Klee” and “Dave Snyder”. There are about a dozen prints of each currently listed on ebay at reasonable prices.

Unfortunately, my print of “Village Ford” appears to have depreciated a great deal from what I paid 6 months ago. crybaby2.gif

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Well Marshall you can at least take satisfaction in the knowledge that it is worth more more than the sticker price to you – because of what it is.

GTO Man

aceauto0jf.jpg

Just got this print framed and hung. Looks great, alot of cool cars and trucks in the scene.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, it looks great. Without hesitation, I can tell you that the artist is Dale Klee. I think he has become my favorite cars artist. Many of his works remind me of “back in the day” 20 or 30 years ago when you really could find fields of abandoned cars that are highly prized and collectible today.

Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.