Welcome Forum Car Shows Automotion 2012

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

[article]1778[/article]

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

We get the rate the show here are the averages for Automotion for the last 4 years:

2009: 3.4/5
    2010: 3.7/5
    2011: 2.9/5
    2012: 2.2/5

moparkid25
    Participant

I got my award the other day, The DAC really went cheap with them this year. I’m grateful to get one, but I received one in 2009 with my 442 and it is a much nicer award.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Amigo2k wrote:
    We get the rate the show here are the averages for Automotion for the last 4 years:

2009: 3.4/5
    2010: 3.7/5
    2011: 2.9/5
    2012: 2.2/5

This is an interesting trend. The issue I see year after year is the entrance bottleneck. I am not sure if it is possible to also allow cars to enter through the back of the park, or something else to better mitigate surges in traffic?

lordairgtar
    Participant

I don’t think I will ever go to this show any time soon. I was there last in 2010. No close by parking for disabled tagged vehicles. They expect you to go to Tommy Bartlett’s and wait for the school bus to come and get you. Not an option with my GF’s cane and my art wagon. But the bigwigs that they invite get on site parking…wonder of wonders. An Eagle Scout guarding one such lot let me park in it when I explained my situation. But it is getting too big for the area, and the club, to handle it. Either find a bigger, easier to access venue or turn it over to a professional organiser. BTW, change the mix tape please, or hire a real DJ who can mix it up. (I’m available…LOL)

moparkid25
    Participant

Here is a transcript of the letter I sent to the DAC’s earlier this week. I still have yet to get a reply….:whistle:

Quote:
    Hello,

I want to contact your organization and express my extreme disgust with your event this year.

The long lines to get into your event are totally unacceptable. I’ve been attending your show now for 10 years, and every year it is a hassle getting in and getting out. This year was by far the worst it has ever been! I waited almost two hours to go from the Shamrock Motel to the show entrance because of the traffic and the lack of direction/organization on your part. When I did finally get parked, I explained my frustrations to the guy parking cars, and he tells me “We’re doing the best we can.” If that is your best, I hate to see your worst. . This happens every year, and I know for a fact other participants have spoken up about other ways to make arriving easier. It may also be in your best interest to not have the police explorers directing traffic. When these kids are asked questions, the standard answer is “I dont know.” Again, not very helpful to those who are paying $15 to get in.

Was I the only one who saw all the coolant puddles and stains in the parking lot?! Not only will coolant harm the environment, but if someone’s dog were to drink that (why you allow people to bring there pets is another topic), the pet will die. I can’t imagine the management at Noah’s Ark would think multiple vehicles overheating and leaking coolant on there blacktop is acceptable Here are my ideas you may want to think about for next year, though I’m sure they are going to again fall on deaf ears:

*Have more than one entrance to Noah’s Ark open to ease the stress of arriving.

*If one has pre-registered for your show, send them a colored ticket along with there pre-reg confirmation letter so they can enter with ease – preferably at a seperate entrance.

*Tell your people parking cars to lose there attitude. I understand they are frustrated when people keep giving them static about the long waits, but they need to realize its there fault, not those who bring there cars.

*When you mail out your brochure, talk more about what the Dells has to offer, not what you can be fined for from the Police.

I also explained my concerns to the woman in the registration trailer, who acted like she did not care.

As I previously stated, I have attended this show for 10 years. The turnout and selection of vehicles is always amazing!! Many of my aqauintances, customers, and friends attend this event also. However, my feeling is that if you do not listen to the advice given you will lose those great attendance numbers. I understand my opinion doesn’t carry as loud as others may as I am a small fish in a big pond, but I attend 15-20 car shows a summer so I know good organization when I see it.

I must really evaluate attending your event from now on, as this year there were more negatives than positives. Other events also take place the same weekend, and though they are smaller, I’m sure they are less of a headache to attend. As of this moment, I have no interest in attending your event in the future.

Sincerely,

Zac Johnson

I really don’t expect to get a reply, mainly because I’m sure I’m not the only person who sent a letter of intent not to return.

GTO Man

Well said and to the point.

circletrack
    Participant

Nice job Zac!

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.