We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Automotion photos:

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

[img]https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rendres/web/automotion/automotion.JPG[/img]

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rendres/web/automotion

Great show! +1000 cars. I made this there at about 10:30, did the walk through, took a bunch of pics and then headed out at 1PM. I would of loved to stick around for the crusie at 4PM.

The pics are super downsized and chunky looking …..

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot for all the great pictures!!! What great weather and a great show!!! If you would like could you send me a zip file of all the photos? I will then upload them under your name to the Automotion 2006 album on the Photo Gallery – where I’ll add the pics I take tomorrow. This way we’ll have a complete Automotion pictures collection and it won’t keep taking up your webspace

Amigo2k

where can I send a zip file to? I may have to shrink them a bit since I have 71 megs of photos.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    where can I send a zip file to? I may have to shrink them a bit since I have 71 megs of photos.

I’ll PM you the info

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    circletrack
    Participant

Nice! It was an awesome weekend, the weather was perfect except for the rain last night, but it didn’t stop too many. Over 1100 cars on Saturday and around 600-800 today, it was hard to tell. Sunday is always the slower day, but there was more than one show today. Seeing all the cars cruise around last night and the people lining the streets was unbelievable! The Dells makes lots of money off this event and unfortunately late Saturday night some kids got out of hand and everything had to be shut down.

We had a great time though, there is nothing better than being surrounded by all those cars and the people the love them! icon_cheesygrin.gif

I got to meet Marshall too! Loved that!

Amigo2k

DSC01339_JPG.jpg

Link to more photos including some of the night time fun:
    http://www.teamtrollway.com/images/TheCars/Automotion%202006/index.htm

GTO Man

Great pics. Looks like a fun time at the cruise.

GTO Man
    Quote:
    Nice! It was an awesome weekend, the weather was perfect except for the rain last night, but it didn’t stop too many. Over 1100 cars on Saturday and around 600-800 today, it was hard to tell. Sunday is always the slower day, but there was more than one show today. Seeing all the cars cruise around last night and the people lining the streets was unbelievable! The Dells makes lots of money off this event and unfortunately late Saturday night some kids got out of hand and everything had to be shut down.

We had a great time though, there is nothing better than being surrounded by all those cars and the people the love them! icon_cheesygrin.gif

I got to meet Marshall too! Loved that!

We stopped by your car Sunday but no one around. It was a great weekend for the show.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What exactly happened Saturday night? I heard something about some racing getting out of hand and at least one car being wreaked, but it wasn’t very clear

circletrack
    Participant

Well, maybe someone that was directly in the area in the above pictures can shed some light on the subject. I’ve been told various things. The last I heard the police parked cars at both ends of the street to get the crowd under control and pretty much videotaped everything that went on.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a good time and fast cars, but situations like this are what RUINS many, many events. More than one person told me there is a chance Automotion 2007 will not happen because the crowds have gotten so large and out of hand. I wonder how many that participated in Saturday nights events even bothered to attend the show inside the park. I was surprised at the number of 18-20 year olds with cars less than 2-3 years old (especially Mustangs) that didn’t seem to have a care in the world.

I’ve also been told it would be easier if the Dells would just cooperate and let the kids have their fun for a couple hours and be done with it. I’m sure insurance and liability issues are a huge factor.

circletrack
    Participant

Well bummer! I was around the car most of the weekend, Sunday I was probably on the other side of the green 63 Impala. Next time!

Amigo2k

I know on my way out I saw a pack of rice racers on the street. I think automotion 2007 should include a class for the ricers and for bikes too. The problem is that that Saturday they were pretty much at their max, so maybe they only allow preregistred cars in next year? Or maybe a ricer group should have a show the same weekend at another water park?

I heard thing got pretty crazy Saturday night, large groups boxing in cop cars. Folks jumping up on cop cars. Tear gas cans were shown but not used.

To curb this I could see only having the show on Sunday (which would be a shame)

circletrack
    Participant

I think they’ve tried to keep Automotion about older cars and have a year limit of 1989 and older. The group of friends I was with also thought having a one day show might eliminate some of the problems that occurred this year. It’s amazing what a little (or lot) of alcohol can make a person do! :) Years ago when I first attended this show it was in the city streets and at a local park, I can’t imagine that now.

I would like to see a cruise through town instead of the back roads like they do. It may be difficult to organize, but the sheer number of cars at this event would make an amazing cruise through the city streets.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What a difficult situation, a few ruin it for everyone – a real pity. Its a great show, these guys with their new cars and big egos need to keep it under control so everyone can have fun and enjoy themselves

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.