Welcome Forum Car Shows Automotion

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

I wonder if this news will affect Automotion.

Noah’s Ark sold to California company

WSJ Online Story

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

Hopefully the only thing it affects is parking the cars in the rear of the lot at the start so cars don’t have to wait in line for 30 minutes …

circletrack
    Participant

I doubt it, ownership changes don’t normally cause many ruffles. If nothing else, I would think they’d be thrilled to have such a long standing event lined up.

circletrack
    Participant

Ryan, hopefully they learned a valuable lesson last year. They also don’t need to have the “junior explorers” or whoever those kids are in charge of getting everyone in. I’ll never forget hearing one of them comment last year about an hour into the show.. “how many more are coming?” Just a few kid, just a few… ;)

There is no reason they can’t close off the street we all come in on, no one else should be coming or going for the first few hours of the show, you could easily have 2-3 lanes moving along.

thekcarguy
    Participant

Not going to this show again…The judges are biast a holes…always selecting the high restored stuff.. also the blacktop is hot as a black leather seat on a sunny day. not worth my twenty bucks. Not to mention I had two blow outs last year, wrecked my original spare tire, Outran a possible tornado by elroy, I heard storm warning’s on the radio, The trees started to swirl, which most likely were updraft winds from a near by funnel, I sure made use of the 84 horses my 2.2 provides.. Lesson learned, severe storms, car stays home…

circletrack
    Participant

$20? I’ve never paid more than $10 for the entire weekend. The judging at this show has always been a joke, but I know several that don’t go for that, it’s the first weekend of the year to get the cars out and a great weekend to spend with friends. The weather has sucked in the past, usually we’re lucky to get one day that’s decent.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    circletrack wrote:
    I doubt it, ownership changes don’t normally cause many ruffles. If nothing else, I would think they’d be thrilled to have such a long standing event lined up.

I would imagine that this year things will be the same, next year may be a different story.

circletrack
    Participant

Very true!

moparkid25
    Participant
    thekcarguy wrote:
    Not going to this show again…The judges are biast a holes…always selecting the high restored stuff.. also the blacktop is hot as a black leather seat on a sunny day. not worth my twenty bucks. Not to mention I had two blow outs last year, wrecked my original spare tire, Outran a possible tornado by elroy, I heard storm warning’s on the radio, The trees started to swirl, which most likely were updraft winds from a near by funnel, I sure made use of the 84 horses my 2.2 provides.. Lesson learned, severe storms, car stays home…

The judging is a joke, but you can’t expect to go to a show with 1000+ cars and expect to compete – no matter how nice one’s car is. And they don’t just look at the restored stuff, I won an award with my all original 442 in 2009, the only one I’ve ever gotten in the Dells. With that said, the award sticker appeared on my car on Sunday and may have been due to a low 2nd day turnout. The blacktop is hot, and since you can’t have an EZup we bought those chairs with a canopy on them to shade us.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    circletrack wrote:
    There is no reason they can’t close off the street we all come in on, no one else should be coming or going for the first few hours of the show, you could easily have 2-3 lanes moving along.

It really is too bad they couldn’t open up the back of the parking lot or find some other way to queue up cars. The main entrance is definitely a bottleneck…

I’m really looking forward to Automotion this year!

intmdatr3
    Participant

I agree judging was a big joke there. If we go it is to check out the SSweet looking rides. I am biting at the bit for nice weather to bring the Monte out. This may are first show the year. Either way great way to start the year. Always just the sight, sound and smell of the cars is good for your soul…..:woohoo:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I’m gonna get a swap spot………….I’ve got a ton of crap I should get rid of.

stupesnova
    Participant

Looking forward to this show! This is usually the first show of the year for me. We get there early enough that parking in ALMOST never an issue!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sent in my registration for the swap spot, I’m think’n about driving the 53 down for the show also.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.