Welcome Forum The Lounge Bang your head…

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

Quiet Riot lead singer found dead

Nov. 26: Kevin DuBrow, the lead singer of the 1980s heavy metal band Quiet Riot, was found dead. Msnbc.com’s Dara Brown reports.
    NBC News

updated 1:16 p.m. CT, Mon., Nov. 26, 2007
    LOS ANGELES – Kevin DuBrow, lead singer of the popular 1980s heavy metal band Quiet Riot, has been found dead from unknown causes at his home in Las Vegas, authorities said on Monday.

DuBrow, 52, was found dead at about 5:20 p.m. on Sunday, a spokeswoman for the Clark County Coroner’s Office said. She said an autopsy would be conducted to determine the cause of death.

“I can’t even find the words to say,” Quiet Riot bandmate Frankie Banali said on his Web site. “Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend, Kevin DuBrow.”

Quiet Riot, which was founded in the mid-1970s, topped the Billboard charts in 1983 with the album “Metal Health,” spurred on by the massive hit single “Cum on Feel the Noize.”

The band has since endured break-ups and personnel changes but released a new album in 2006 and continued to tour sporadically.

“Bang your head, Metal Health will [s:01ad2b45d4]drive you mad[/s:01ad2b45d4] leave you dead…”

I always enjoyed “Metal Health” and “Party all Night”, RIP Kevin. icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

Also (and some of you may know this) Randy Rhoads who came to fame in the early 1980’s as lead guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne, left Quiet Riot to play for Ozzy. Randy Rhoads died March 19, 1982 when a small aircraft attempted to”buzz” the tour bus and crashed into it, killing Rhoads instantly along with the pilot of the aircraft and a passenger.

jonmandude
    Participant

I heard about this Sunday afternoon. I knew Kevin . I was out in LA playing music right after the big explosion of bands. I have videos of early Quiet Riot playing backyard parties and clubs like the Whiskey with Randy. It is sad, he was a very good guy.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.