Welcome Forum Car Shows Beaver Dam Sunday June 15 2008

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?)
    Parking Location
    Class Organization
    Trophies & Prizes
    Food
    Entertainment
    Judging
    Dash Plaque
    Variety of Cars
    Bathrooms
    Weather
    Trophy Presentation Timing
    Entry Fee
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – B (depending on flooding)

Parking Location – B
    Class Organization – B+
    Trophies & Prizes – A
    Food – B average/usual items…good prices though
    Entertainment – B+ (how can you go wrong with “Uncle Bill” from WBEV
    Judging – B+
    Dash Plaque – C
    Variety of Cars – C (less than half of what was there the past few years)
    Bathrooms – C
    Weather – A
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A
    Entry Fee – $10 pre-registered
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here B

It was a good show, good quality rides, but the number was definatly low compared to years past. Only 200 cars there when the show usually brings 500.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I attended the Beaver Dam show, also. Numbers were definitely down from years past. But, it turned out to be a beautiful day with picture perfect weather.

One of the features of this show that I really liked was the “future collectibles” class, which was new for this year. These are the cars that will be the classics and collectibles in 20 years or so. It’s a great way to get new people into the hobby for not alot of money.

Believe it or not, the Best Of Show (Modified) winner was a very nicely done pick-up truck from the Mackinaw Island, Michigan area! That was one heck of a drive to get to the Beaver Dam Show.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    the Mackinaw Island, Michigan area!

Mackinac Island is a beautiful area! I went there last year, no cars allowed on the island itself though!

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

I thought that pick-up was terribly terribly done. Granted the patriotic theme was nice, but it was poorly executed. The clear was done well, but the artwork was just terrible.

Thats one thing that annoys me…people judge paint on subject matter, not quality, and just because its a veterans theme, they get all warm and fuzzy. The truck wasnt even detailed decently…the interior and engine bay were pretty filthy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Personally, I liked the truck. I noticed that there were crowds of people around the truck all day long. It certainly was an attention getter for the spectators at the show. I did walk past the truck several times, but because of the crowds milling around, I was not able to check the truck out up close and personal. Obviously, the judges liked the truck enough to give it a Best Of Show award.

That was another thing that I liked about this show. This annual car show in Swan City Park on Father’s day every year seems to a well established tradition in Beaver Dam and lots of folks come out to the park with their dads’ to check out the cars.

Marshall

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.