Welcome Forum Car Shows Beaver Dam Swan City

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Did anyone attend the show in Beaver Dam on June 18th? How was it?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Yes, I attended and came home with a trophy in the wrong class, but that’s where the judges placed us. It was a nice show, great location, unfortunately the weather wasn’t too cooperative until late in the day. It was $15 to enter, which I thought was kinda steep especially with the multiple sponsors they kept mentioning throughout the day and at trophy time.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Congrats on the Trophy!! You deserve it! We’ve added a new feature here called The Garage, check it out on the link on the top! You can add your car and all its stats!

The weather here was rainy and then when the tornado sirens went off I was concerned for the show – fortunately the tornados weren’t in that area.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My wife & I attended this show this year with our 00′ Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4×4 (Intense Blue/Driftwood Satin)..When we got there,we were placed in the “S” class….for CUSTOM TRUCKS!..The only mod we have are the step bars we added…So we went back to the entry tent..There was NO class for stock trucks from 1992 – 2006…

PEOPLE!!…PEOPLE!!!..Get your act in gear!!!!

You had TRUCKS STOCK from 1955-1992…There should have been 1992 -2006 class….

We had to enter “FUTURE CLASSICS”,as we feel that the Dakota Quad Cab WILL be a classic,as is was the 1st compact 4-door pickup…..

But we got beat by 2 of those crappy foreign strret racer jobsNOTE: To those who own these things,your cars will never have class,plus a orange 2002 Mustang…

WHAT MAKES THIS THING A FUTURE CLASSIC????

While we were happy to see Rachael & Steve McKenzie win with their 69 Chevelle(we are member of the RoadApples),unless the class groupings are changed for next year..we wont be back…..

David & Judy Digney
    Madison,Wi

circletrack
    Participant

Thanks David! The classes they had were a bit vague, there’s always room for improvement. Sometimes it’s just more fun to get out and about and see what everyone else is driving. I was a bit surprised at the number of newer cars at the show and not once during registration did they ask if we were involved in a club, yet they gave a club participation award. On to next year! ;)

GTO Man
    Quote:
    My wife & I attended this show this year with our 00′ Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4×4 (Intense Blue/Driftwood Satin)..When we got there,we were placed in the “S” class….for CUSTOM TRUCKS!..The only mod we have are the step bars we added…So we went back to the entry tent..There was NO class for stock trucks from 1992 – 2006…

PEOPLE!!…PEOPLE!!!..Get your act in gear!!!!

You had TRUCKS STOCK from 1955-1992…There should have been 1992 -2006 class….

We had to enter “FUTURE CLASSICS”,as we feel that the Dakota Quad Cab WILL be a classic,as is was the 1st compact 4-door pickup…..

But we got beat by 2 of those crappy foreign strret racer jobsNOTE: To those who own these things,your cars will never have class,plus a orange 2002 Mustang…

WHAT MAKES THIS THING A FUTURE CLASSIC????

While we were happy to see Rachael & Steve McKenzie win with their 69 Chevelle(we are member of the RoadApples),unless the class groupings are changed for next year..we wont be back…..

David & Judy Digney
    Madison,Wi

Thanks for posting the information.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot Dave, please let us know what show you are attending this weekend and any info/pics from it! icon_punk.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Did anyone else attend this show?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.