Welcome Forum Car Shows Beloit Autorama

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

How would you rate the Beloit Autorama car show? To rate the show just select “Rate The Show” from the dropdown menu:
    [img]http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10002/rate.JPG[/img]

This is their 30th year of hosting it

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A Very easy to find
    Parking Location – B+ Well organized plenty of parking direction
    Class Organization
    Trophies & Prizes
    Food – C
    Entertainment – B
    Judging
    Dash Plaque – B
    Variety of Cars – A Looked like over 800 cars
    Bathrooms – C
    Weather – B
    Trophy Presentation Timing
    Entry Fee
    Overall Rating:B

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A – Couldn’t be easier to find, the directions were clear and its right off of the highway
    Parking Location – B – There were some great spots down by the river but one downside was a fence running through the park. It made it hard to keep the cars in rows and navigate through them easily
    Class Organization – C – As well as can be expected for this show, but the only class for most stock vehicles was “Stock Classics” which was 49-86, a huge class
    Trophies & Prizes – A – Seemed to be plenty, although I never did see the trophies
    Food – B – Hot Dogs, Brats?, Nachos, Water, Soda, Beer. I did think it was a bit much $2 for a bottle of water
    Entertainment – A – I really enjoyed how they placed the speakers at this show. They had them on a raised crane in the middle so the sound reached everywhere but wasn’t too loud near it. Well done!
    Judging – A – I saw many many judges walking around, they seemed to be doing a thorough and efficient job
    Dash Plaque – n/a didn’t see one
    Variety of Cars – A – A great variety and number but I didn’t see too many MOPARs. I’d say around 1000 cars though its hard to tell
    Bathrooms – A – Plenty and located everywhere
    Weather – A – The forecast was rain but it turned out great! Warm weather and sunny!!!
    Trophy Presentation Timing – n/a – wasn’t there for it
    Entry Fee – $10 for car and $5 for walk-ins. I guess this is pretty typical for “jefferson-like” shows like this.

Overall Rating:A-– For a show this late in the season the weather was great, a big plus! Also there were many many nice cars to see!

One large point of interest was the presence of Dennis Gage and My Classic Car! I saw him filming a couple different cars, it was cool to actually see him in person. Who knows, maybe GTO Man and I will appear in the background of one of the shows! wave.gif Here are a few photos:
    normal_Beloit-Autorama-Car-Show-20.jpg
    normal_Beloit_Autorama_Car_Show_2006_005.jpg
    normal_Beloit_Autorama_Car_Show_2006_200.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A couldn’t be easier
    Parking Location -B+ on grass in the open
    Class Organization -B very general, huge classes
    Trophies & Prizes -A+ hand made clock trophies
    Food – B normal stuff, sold 2 for one after 2:00
    Entertainment -B+ DJ didn’t talk non-stop the whole time
    Judging – ?
    Dash Plaque – average
    Variety of Cars – A+ something for everyone
    Bathrooms -plenty of port-a-johns, and park bathrooms
    Weather – alot better than the forecast
    Trophy Presentation Timing – left just before
    Entry Fee – 10.00
    Overall Rating:B+

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Those clock trophies sound interesting, definitely a unique feature of the show!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.