Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Belvedere Mopar Show

• Creator
    Topic
    thekcarguy
    Participant

Once again everyone plays favorites at these mopar shows… IDK about the Muscle car class but the FWD class is always messed up. For one, how does a modded 89 Daytona take first over a 16,000 mile lebaron vert 23,000 Mile New Yorker turbo…Its Just not right….All of those mopar shows SUCK! in the judging… Just kinda venting about it…

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

The last time I was at that show, I had my cuda there (2007?). There were 3-4 cars parked in the class, and three of award winners all had the staff shirts on and were club members. It went that way throughout all of the classes. That was the last time I went to that show.

BTW did you see they have yet again another new location for Mopars on the Mississippi this year?

thekcarguy
    Participant

Yes I did, Mega Parts told me about the new location, which is kinda nice actually then your not sitting on hot pavement.

moparkid25
    Participant

I wondered if it had anything to do with people not following the rules at Eagle. Eagle has a strict no smoking rule for the entire property, inside and out. I continued to see people toxify themselves and leave cigarette butts on the blacktop, trashing the parking lot.

I agree though that any other location would be better comfort wise.

thekcarguy
    Participant

When you say yet a new location, do you mean another place? or the fairgrounds as I was told..

moparkid25
    Participant

No I meant the DBQ County Fairgrounds as the new place.

thekcarguy
    Participant

I wonder if I should call up steve about a certain silver daytona that claims he is all stock when he really is not…I heard a couple of other people talking about that guy as well..

moparkid25
    Participant
    thekcarguy wrote:
    I wonder if I should call up steve about a certain silver daytona that claims he is all stock when he really is not…I heard a couple of other people talking about that guy as well..

I know the car youre talking about. And the stockness of his car depends on the size of the show and how many cars are in his class.

thekcarguy
    Participant

Usually in that modded class there are at least 3 or 4. and in the Bone stock class there is that white 85 daytona, plus my trio…Hopefully the weather is nicer this year..we sat in the rain last year..

jonmandude
    Participant

I was at the Belvidere show as well. The judging there is, has been, and probably always will be a “friends and club members first” deal. You expect that going in. No one noticed but the first place LY Challenger wasn’t even there. I found it funny. Like any show, it is their show, they can do as they wish. I go to enjoy some of the Chicago based Hemi cars that I never see around here.

I remember both the Daytona and the ‘vert taht you are talking about. No offense, but I would have trophied the Daytona above the ‘vert too. It is very clean and much better kept then the ‘vert.

thekcarguy
    Participant

Ya but that car is Restored…the Lebaron is 16,000 original miles with paper work etc..My buddies new yorker next to my blue Aries only has 24,000 on it..Very nice cars all around, but you are right it is cut and dry..

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.