We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Best car event of 2005

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

What is the best car event you attended in 2005? It could be a show, swap meet, auction, cruise, race or anything that has to do with automobiles.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My best event was, without a doubt, the Iola 2005 Old Car Show. This was my first time, and will become an annual event for me. Also, even though the weather was bad, the fall Jefferson Show was good, too. I purchased several items that I needed, so it was good for me. Had the weather been better on Sunday, I would have been back for the second day.

But, Iola 2005 is the single best event. Remember how dog gone hot it was, too!!!!! I looked like a boiled lobster at the end of Sunday.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I would probably have to say the Automotion show was my favorite. It had by far the most cars, a nice wide variety, and a very good layout. It also had a mini swap meet which added to the experience. I’m sad to say I was disappointed with Klassarama, Deerfield, Monroe, and Belleville this year because of the poor car turnout and the diminished organization at these shows

circletrack
    Participant

We won’t attend the Deerfield show again… Went for the first couple years and found it be run by a group that cared about drinking more than cars… I’m NOT against drinking and having a good time, but there’s a fine line that eventually gets crossed and they crossed it more than once. Some of the shows had weather issues, either it was too hot, cold or cloudy. The Klassic Kruisers run the Klassarama show and the average age in that group is 65+ with varying health issues. If they don’t get some young blood into that club I don’t see a future in that show. This was the first year they didn’t give out trophies, I think that *might* have kept some away also?! I know the Road Apples won quite a few awards last year and people complained…

I highly recommend the Watertown show, it’s a beautiful park with events for the entire family! The Fox Lake show was held in a nice park too, unfortunately Mother Nature had to interfere with that one. Having a tornado touch down so close is pretty scary!

I’ll put my thinking cap on, I’m not ready to let go of summer just yet! crybaby2.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I don’t want to let it end either!!! If it helps try listening to the song “Don’t Let It End” by STYX icon_punk.gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

Union

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

A bit of an explanation please?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would have to say a cross between the automotion in the dells and iola

circletrack
    Participant

Automotion was a BLAST!!! Had a great weekend! Next year we’ll be heading out earlier though to catch some of the “action” although I’m sure the Dells Police Department won’t be far behind… I have my hotel reservations already made!

Pardeeville put on a great show this year also. I won a trophy there and it’s really, really nice. Coming around and thanking the participants, asking for suggestions and overall just being happy to see so many cars in one place really makes a difference.

GTO Man

I would agree with a number of the comments made here. I thoroughly enjoyed Iola and Automotion in the Dells, and Spring Jefferson is always good. For an all around show Iola was probably the best, followed by Jefferson. As far as a show only I would say Automotion. They usually get a great turnout of top cars.

I was also disapointed in the Deerfield car show. I know when I drove in and talked to the guy directing cars he was very concerned about making sure cars didn’t take up too much room. He said they were expecting alot more cars. He couldn’t of been more wrong, most of the field was empty. I skipped a number of other shows that weekend that looked interesting. Another disapointment was Klassarama, not nearly as many cars as previous years and most likely caused by lack of trophies. Another disapointment was Monroe which was very poorly organized.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks to all who have posted. This was my first year and didn’t get to as near as many shows as I had planned to. Actually, Deerfield was one that I had planned on making, but after reading several of the posts, it sounds like this is a show to be avoided. I have read several positive and glowing reports about automotion, so this is one that I hadn’t considered that I will add to next years list.

Thanks again and keep posting, knowing that there are some of us out here who will actually benefit from the info and use it for next years scheduling.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

We’ll have to keep discussing this so we can build up “the definitive” list of shows for next year! :D

Marshall,

Deerfield was a good show a couple years ago but it has since deteriorated as you can see from the other posts. Its really too bad. Automotion is pretty cool when you are looking out over the vast, shimmering sea of cars:
    normal_Automotion%20Car%20Show%20001.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have a audi a6 and im having problems with it. the car is a 2002 and under warrenty but im thinking of getting an other car maybe a cadillac cts or mercedes benz e320. there both great cars to pick from and there both very strong and well built cars!

tony cambece

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum Tommy! icon_punk.gif icon_cheers.gif icon_headbang.gif

We’d be happy to help you troubleshoot your problems with your audi. If you want post a topic in General about it

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.