Welcome Forum The Lounge Best Vietnam Movie

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

What do you consider the best movie about the Vietnam war and why?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Without a doubt, check out “Go Tell The Spartans” with Charlton Heston. In my opinion, the very best.

Marwshall

GTO Man

I have always enjoyed Apocalypse Now. I also like Platoon alot, I think Platoon may be more realistic.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Full Metal Jacket

Anonymous
    Inactive

Quite frankly, all the ones in the poll option suck, and I hate them. If you want to see some good Vietnam movies watch We Were Soldiers, Siege of Firebase Gloria, with homorable mention to Green Berets and Hamburger Hill.

with respect to Firebase Gloria and We Were Soldiers the body count is outrageously high as in I can’t count that high. If you love to see thirld world country people in large groups run into machine gun fire or get blown up with artillery, then you will love those two movies.

GTO Man

Not many opinions here?

Anonymous
    Inactive

GTO Man,
    You know me, and you have a pretty good idea of my advanced age icon_cheesygrin.gif ergo, you probably understand why I spoke about the movie that I selected.

I retired from the US Army as a CW3 in 1993, after 21 years and a few months of service. I would offer that I have a pretty good idea of what I like in a Vietnam movie and Go Tell The Spartans does tell it like it was when we had “advisors” in country. My runner up selection is Green Berets with John Wayne.

Marshall

GTO Man

Good recommendations. I have seen the Green Berets, in fact it was on AMC not too long ago. Charlton Heston is a good actor, I will have to look for Go Tell The Spartans.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had/have this movie (Go Tell The Spartans) on VHS. I like it so well that I recently purchased the same movie on DVD format from SecondSpin.com.

I don’t know if you purchase movies, music, or games, but I have been buying from SecondSpin for several years. Of course, everything they offer is used, but prices are right and the shipping is reasonable also.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I had/have this movie (Go Tell The Spartans) on VHS. I like it so well that I recently purchased the same movie on DVD format from SecondSpin.com.

I don’t know if you purchase movies, music, or games, but I have been buying from SecondSpin for several years. Of course, everything they offer is used, but prices are right and the shipping is reasonable also.

Marshall

Another good site like this is http://www.half.com . They specialize in new DVDs/CDs but at lower prices, its a partner with Ebay but there is no bidding, you just buy. Also there are used items as well

Anonymous
    Inactive

MOPIC CHARLIE comes to mind to add to the list, and I won’t even venture to pick a favorite. Boys in Company C is another. I even like the scenes from Forrest Gump. With the possible exception of a Chuck Norris movie, I don’t think that you can make a bad Vietnam movie. I just caught the end of a Martin Sheen/ Emilo Estevez (SP) flick that was pretty good. The in country scenes sucked as far as action, but the home family life struck a nerve with me.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.