Welcome Forum Car Shows Blacktop, Park, or Other Location for shows?

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What type of setting do you prefer for car shows? Do you like the hard and level blacktop setting or the grassy park? Please vote and tell us what you think and why!!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

I prefer a park setting… The summers tend to get quite hot and sitting in some of those parking lots makes for an even hotter day. If you can find trees, that’s a bonus. (Unless it’s Waterloo with the acorns in the fall)! :)

I will say though that I like it when shows are in the downtown district of the town (Edgerton, Spring Green). There isn’t much you can do to improve that, but the setting alone makes the show!

Anonymous
    Inactive

For me, it varies from location to location.

Edgerton,Baraboo, the Don Miller Show in Madison, and the Tracec show would not be the same if they were not on asphalt. Verona, Belleville, Stoughton, Mt. Horeb and others are just right being in a grassy or park like setting.

I prefer a park like setting, so Pardeeville is the perfect location for a car show in my opinion.

Marshall

montefrazer
    Participant

I like a park or grassy/field setting. Blacktop gets too hot on a sunny day and is very hard on the feet and legs if it’s a large show and there is a lot of walking to do. I went to a show and swap at Pomona once. It was all blacktop and my feet and legs were very sore after walking around there. People were walking around there with flashlights before the sun came up to avoid the heat of the day. Walking around Jefferson or Iola doesn’t bother me the way Pomona did.

hpdog259962
    Participant

Blacktop, love something like a cruise night.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Blacktop, love something like a cruise night.

Blacktop is definitely better for the cruises because the weather is cooler by then and as it gets dark its nice to have lights!!

GTO Man

I think a park like setting is probably the nicest. I thought Pardeeville was one of the nicest venues for a show. It had a little bit of everything as far as surface parking. Around the lake I think was the nicest. On the other hand like Marshall said, Trecek wouldn’t be the same if it wasn’t on blacktop.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.