• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

I can’t wait for the blizzard.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Right now, at 6:05PM, it’s not too bad.

I just drove back to Fitchburg from Meriter Hospital and traffic was moving pretty good. I did hit a couple of slick spots on South Fish Hatchery and there was a four car collision the Neville Fish Hatchery, northbound.

The way it’s coming down, I suspect driving will be treacherous later on tonight.

moparkid25
    Participant

I put new tires on my truck today, Hankook Dynapro ATM: http://www.hankooktireusa.com/Product/product_main.aspx?pageNum=1&subNum=1&ChildNum=1&FnCode=01

I’m ready to go to work tomorrow, but most customers will probably cancel.

GTO Man

I’m not going to work tomorrow, I think most places will probably be closed. Hopefully the streets will be passable Thursday morning. I can’t remember the last time we had a blizzard warning like this.

circletrack
    Participant

We just came home from Madison and it’s really coming down now. The streets are snow covered and slippery, it’s going to be a long 24 hours for those drivers (plow and tow truck)

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s been many, many years since the Governor shut down state government! It’s never happened before in the 16 years that I have been here, but I am grateful to have the day off.

My wife and I have been out, shoveling snow, about 4 times since late last night and we still have not got it all. My little single stage snow thrower just is not stout enough to move this wet, heavy snow we have been getting. Maybe one more trip and I will be able to finish it up.

moparkid25
    Participant

9 of us made it to work this morning. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that Dane County had 17″ of snow this morning… I would believe it. My driveway and my road both were untouched at 7am when I left for work this morning.

Its a mess outside. Sounds like we’re all going home early :)

Amigo2k

I made it into work at noon with the wife (we work in the same building); and guess what? We are the only ones here …. So now I sit at the front desk to sign-off on packages… the roads are not that bad, but with the super cold coming they will only get worse.

GTO Man

My driveway is done and have used a roof rake, any snow left will turn into cement with as cold as they are saying.

circletrack
    Participant

My employer sent an email last night we’re closed for the day ~ thank you!!!!

Thorstad’s is also closed today, which was shocking!

Took hours this morning to dig out, the snow is very pretty, I’m dreading the cold temps behind it.

My kids and dogs are having a blast, love snow days!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got stuck at 6 am in my driveway. Dug out then went back inside to warm up. At 8 am I gave it another shot. Got out and headed to Sauk City to get parts. Roads where horrible, slipping and sliding the whole way.

Finally dug the rest of the driveway out by 8pm, the plow guy I have didn’t do a stellar job, good enough for the bottom 200 feet but the top 100 I had to clean up by hand.

fun.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Here’s a picture I snagged to document the blizzard (click it for bigger):
    [img]http://andrewm.info/images/phocagallery/update-12-13-09/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_2february.resized.JPG[/img]

Amigo2k

Madison Mayor Orders Review Of Plowing Policies

http://www.channel3000.com/traffic/21977294/detail.html

Amigo2k

After the Madison plows cleared off the bike paths this happened …..

http://www.break.com/index/the-great-wisconsin-snowmen-massacre.html

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hahaha wow…

GTO Man

Another storm, yippeee.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.