Welcome Forum The Lounge Bush wants $1.4 billion for Mexico drug war

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

We can’t afford to be sending money to Mexico. I think we have enough problems right here. Why doesn’t he spend the money closing the border? As long as we have an open door policy in regards to illegal aliens all the money in the world isn’t going to make a difference.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Lets all hope that whomever takes over, doesn’t have their head up their butt and makes the decision to fix some issues we have in the USA!

Know wonder why the congresses rating is at an all time low of 11%. Thank Goodness for Feingold (for president?).

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Thank Goodness for Feingold (for president?).

I can’t believe you said this. He voted against the patriot act, remember? You want him to lead the country?

I haven’t heard much about Joe Leiberman these days, is he still trying to scoop up a primary? I don’t think he would be bad, he isn’t as much of a Nazi (no pun intended) as the rest of the democrats.

I’m no fan of Bush, but I’m no fan of Democrats either. I see Guiliani or Romney getting the GOP nomination. My only disagreement with Guiliani is he’s for gun control.

That’s one right I won’t give up.

moparkid25
    Participant

Back to the subject at hand…I can see him helping Mexico as a lot of those drugs produced down there make there way up here and kill kids. They also cause addicts to cheat, steal, and murder. Sometimes you have to stop the problem where it lies. I know a lot of drugs are produced in our country also, and the DEA does there job. Thre was an article in the WSJ the other day about the largest heroin bust in either the county or the state we’ve ever had.

I agree with the border patrol. I found this video on Youtube the other day, look for the “car guy”!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTdz6iwj50E[/youtube]

icon_headbang.gif

RivFan
    Participant
    Quote:
    My only disagreement with Guiliani is he’s for gun control.

That’s one right I won’t give up.

Anyone else frightened by the idea of moparkid25 packing some heat? icon_cheesygrin.gif

jonmandude
    Participant

I wonder about people against gun control. Seriously who can’t wait a few days for a gun? Gun control doesn’t say the lawful can’t own guns, it tries to prevent the unlawful from getting them easily.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    I wonder about people against gun control. Seriously who can’t wait a few days for a gun? Gun control doesn’t say the lawful can’t own guns, it tries to prevent the unlawful from getting them easily.

That’s a common misconception. It assumes the criminals are law-abiding enough to buy their guns through legal channels like sporting goods stores.

And states and cities with the most rigidly-enforced gun laws also have the highest crime rates. Explain that.

jonmandude
    Participant

Those same states had the highest crime rates BEFORE they had rigid gun control laws. The gun control laws were passed to try to help that.

But still explain to me why it is so important not to have a waiting period? Seriously those who cannot wait are exactly those who should.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Anyone else frightened by the idea of moparkid25 packing some heat? icon_cheesygrin.gif

dontknow.gif

I like guns! Firearms has been a family trait of mine for 5 generations. My dad is avid collector. I like cars and guns, he likes motorcycles and guns. I believe that a person (not a felon) should have the right to pack legally at any free will. Here’s a Youtube video of Uncle Ted and his ideas of gun control. I agree with him 100%

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QjEL0uUgo[/youtube]

jonmandude
    Participant

I agree with Ted also. I lived in Texas where anyone without a felony record can own and carry a gun.

I do think gun control is important, but not gun elimination. I think that a waiting period is a good idea. I think it should be controlled who buys guns and recorded. I think that way of gun control is a good thing. I think that “law abiding citizens” should be free to own and carry guns. i do not feel a need to carry a gun, but I should have that right. I just feel that felons give up that right and there should be some rules in place to attempt to “control” that. That is my view on gun control. Why is that not a good thing?

moparkid25
    Participant

Liberals want to eliminate your given right to posess a firearm no matter if your a law abiding citizen. One of the reasons I’m joining the NRA and stand to the Right thumbsup.gif

States with concealed carry laws have seen a decrease in the crime rate since passing the law. Thanks to Liberal Wisconsin, we are one of a few states that do not have this law.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Liberals want to eliminate your given right to posess a firearm no matter if your a law abiding citizen. One of the reasons I’m joining the NRA and stand to the Right thumbsup.gif

States with concealed carry laws have seen a decrease in the crime rate since passing the law. Thanks to Liberal Wisconsin, we are one of a few states that do not have this law.

Carried to an extreme to demonstrate the folly of passing yet more gun laws to attempt to control crime, Kennesaw, Georgia did something interesting in the early ’70s (IMSC).

The town of Morton Grove, Illinois passed a law making private handgun ownership illegal within the town boundaries. I grew up just a few miles from there and I remember it clearly.

Kennesaw, Georgia immediately passed a city ordinance making it illegal NOT to own a gun privately icon_cheesygrin.gif, with the invitation to Morton Grove to compare crime statistics after a few years.

Morton Grove and Kennesaw are similar in size, both are suburbs of large cities, and both had similar crime statistics.

Wanna guess who had lower crime rates after that? icon_cheesygrin.gif thumbsup.gif

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.