Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Call Me Crazy, But I Am Doing Business With Blue Chip

• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 18 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Barrett Jackson calls it due diligence. I call it common sense.

I have done everything humanly possible to check out the references of Blue Chip Street Rods, and it does all check out. For example, they sublet their glass work to Klein Dickert. I had a lengthy conversation with Klein Dickert today, and everything that Dave Larsen told me checks out.

The Mustang Fastback goes in to Blue Chip Street Rods the first week of May, and I will have it back before Automotion 2006 with a new headliner, new windshield, new windlace and new weatherstriping. Hopefully, this will make me competitive with a trio of Mustangs that hang with the Wisconsin Summer Cruisers group. A new show car display board, and some other special touches can’t hurt me either. I got beat up pretty badly last year by a trio of Mustangs that have been doing the local shows much longer than me.

I will post on the forum as this process progresses.

Marshall

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    Hopefully, this will make me competitive with a trio of Mustangs that hang with the Wisconsin Summer Cruisers group. A new show car display board, and some other special touches can’t hurt me either. I got beat up pretty badly last year by a trio of Mustangs that have been doing the local shows much longer than me.

Marshall

Don’t tell me you’ve gone to the other side?! The group that owns those Mustangs fully expects to win at each and every show and if they don’t, it’s not fun to be around them. Best of luck, can’t wait to hear how it turns out!

GTO Man
    Quote:
    Barrett Jackson calls it due diligence. I call it common sense.

I have done everything humanly possible to check out the references of Blue Chip Street Rods, and it does all check out. For example, they sublet their glass work to Klein Dickert. I had a lengthy conversation with Klein Dickert today, and everything that Dave Larsen told me checks out.

The Mustang Fastback goes in to Blue Chip Street Rods the first week of May, and I will have it back before Automotion 2006 with a new headliner, new windshield, new windlace and new weatherstriping. Hopefully, this will make me competitive with a trio of Mustangs that hang with the Wisconsin Summer Cruisers group. A new show car display board, and some other special touches can’t hurt me either. I got beat up pretty badly last year by a trio of Mustangs that have been doing the local shows much longer than me.

Marshall

I don’t think Dave Larson is involved with Blue Chip in the same way he was with Capitol Corvette. He is more on the creative end rather than the car selling end. I am thinking of having my GTO painted and I will get an estimate from them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the encouragement, Circletrack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew that I would draw a response from you. icon_cheesygrin.gif

I am accustomed to placing behind and below these folks from the other side. I am a Lone Wolf and always will be a Lone Wolf. Actually, although I am not yet a member, I consider myself a current/future member of the Road Apples (the Good Guys). I dont expect to win each and every show, but I am a certainly ready to step up and bring my Mustang FB up to the next level. I may not get up to where I want to be this year, but the help that I may/will receive from Blue Chip Street Rods can’t hurt.

Also, It doesn’t matter to me whether that other group is happy or not. I don’t need to win, but I certainly enjoy the judging process, win or lose!

We both know who we are talking about, and they better be ready for the next level this coming year. I have already done what I can do to pick it up. Do you think that they have?

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I don’t need to win, but I certainly enjoy the judging process, win or lose!

I agree, shows are also about the experience and seeing the other cars and what’s out there – not just working and focusing to win yourself, although that is nice! thumbsup.gif

circletrack
    Participant

Ha! Actually I really enjoy going to the shows sitting back with friends watching the world go by surrounded by all those beautiful cars! It’s amazing what you can see from show to show! Last year was the first one out for the Chevelle and I was a bit disappointed at a couple shows when I didn’t win, but for the most part it was fun to hear my name called and know people really do appreciate all the hard work and MONEY in these cars.

You’ll do fine Marshall, I can’t wait to see the car finished! Did you ever find out anymore about their painting?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, I haven’t followed up on wh does their painting work, but I will ask when I go back out.

I plan to physically go out to Blue Chip once again before I actually take the car in, to make sure all is still well and on track. One of my favorite vendors (Virginia Classic Mustang Parts, Broadway, Va) has my parts order filled and enroute (headliner, windshield weatherstriping, back glass weatherstriping, windlace). I have done my coordination with Klein Dickert glass, so everything/everybody is pretty much lined up and ready to go.

And, to answer my own question from a previous post, I suspect that most competitors do alot to bring their individual cars up to the next level from year to year. I don’t think that many of us are just content to leave the car the way it is from year to year, unless we are showing “trailer queens”, and I don’t think that we are. If you ever see the Mustang Fastback on the back of a trailer, you will need to call the police, because it has been stolen icon_cheesygrin.gif

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    And, to answer my own question from a previous post, I suspect that most competitors do alot to bring their individual cars up to the next level from year to year. I don’t think that many of us are just content to leave the car the way it is from year to year, unless we are showing “trailer queens”, and I don’t think that we are. If you ever see the Mustang Fastback on the back of a trailer, you will need to call the police, because it has been stolen

I agree, when you’re really passionate about your car you don’t just let it sit and be content with that, there is always something to tweak or fix.

GTO Man

Marshall

Did you have the headliner put in yet? We will need to have he headliner done in the GTX at some point. Last night put the dash back together and it looks great.

Nick

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not yet Nick, but pretty soon.

That is the heart of what Blue Chip Street Rods is doing for me. In order to properly (OE/concours) install a headliner in a vintage Mustang, you have to remove the windshield and rear glass. Since the gaskets/weatherstriping is dry and brittle, I am replacing it also. I also am trying to get the stainless steel window trim professionally polished, since it will off of the car for at least one week. I purchased the headliner, headliner insulation, windlace and adhesive and provided that to Blue Chip, hopefully, to make the work go faster.

Marshall

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.