Welcome Forum The Drag Strip CAN YOU FIX THIS

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Guys

What do ya do when a guy drops this off and says can ya fix it?

39-willys-roof-and-quaters.jpg

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Guys
    Here is the Chassis we built for the 39 Willys .

chassis-40.jpg
    and here is the body on the Chassis with front end
    body-on-new-chassis.jpg
    Here are the floor pans we’ve fabricated for the 39 Willys
    daves-floor--and-trans.jpg

GTO Man

So you started out with just the top half of the Willy’s?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes GTO
    I start alot of my jobs with just a section of the car and the other half no were to be found. I dont find this to be a challenge to fab the rest of the car the tuff part is the time invested . The customer has to be aware of the investment before we even start.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is another good start My Son and I’s 31 Willys
    31-boy-rear.jpg

31-willys-cowl.jpg

Dont have a clue when we will be able to work on it yet .

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would tell him that my rate is $60 per hour plus materials. icon_cheesygrin.gif That reminds me of a Firebird owner who dropped his car off at my buddy’s shop. All he told him was find 800 horsepower and call him when it is ready, pretty much offering a blank check.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yes GTO
    I start alot of my jobs with just a section of the car and the other half no were to be found. I dont find this to be a challenge to fab the rest of the car the tuff part is the time invested . The customer has to be aware of the investment before we even start.

I can imagine you must put an incredible amount of time into this! But look at the results, spectacular! thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    I would tell him that my rate is $60 per hour plus materials. icon_cheesygrin.gif That reminds me of a Firebird owner who dropped his car off at my buddy’s shop. All he told him was find 800 horsepower and call him when it is ready, pretty much offering a blank check.

Yes Mike you hit the nail on the head we are a $60 an hour shop and it dose take some time to finish our end of the job.
    We normaly only do the sheetmetal end of the job anymore. we have a few we see right up to paint but I like to stay away from the finish part of the job . Seems that end of the job gets loads of down time . There is more of a need for a sheet metal fab and shaping and that is were we like to specialize in. :D

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yes Mike you hit the nail on the head we are a $60 an hour shop and it dose take some time to finish our end of the job.
    We normaly only do the sheetmetal end of the job anymore. we have a few we see right up to paint but I like to stay away from the finish part of the job . Seems that end of the job gets loads of down time . There is more of a need for a sheet metal fab and shaping and that is were we like to specialize in.

Wow, Mike hit it right on the head! icon_eek.gif thumbsup.gif

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.