Welcome Forum The Lounge car burried for 50 years uncovered

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Wow, what a find! I wonder what it would cost for a frame-off…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know if this car would be a suitable candidate for any sort of restoration. If water did get into the vault and the lower quarters are rusted out all the way around, I would think that the chassis and frame would have been affected also. Not really something that I would want to throw any money at.

Marshall

Amigo2k

That will buff right out …. The car would of been in better shape if it stayed in my grandma’s garage for 50 years…..

Dsc08981.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know any other way to say this…… that’s just downright ugly w00t.gif w00t.gif

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

It looks like the Titanic!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Classic Detroit iron. You shut the driver’s door on that thing and it sounds like a tank hatch closing thumbsup.gif

Daihatsus, Suzukis and Yugos merely bounce off the side of it icon_cheesygrin.gif

We had a car almost as massive once – a ’77 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham. 19-1/2 feet long, 4,800 pounds of 440-powered American steel 😯

It’s funny how the small cars sense it’s around, and stay out of its way jumpy.gif Sort of like poodles who yelp and run behind their master’s legs when a 150-pound rottweiler struts down the street icon_punk.gif

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.