Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises and Shows for August 18 to August 24

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Need to get the details but I noticed driving home a Cruise Night sign at the old Whippoorwill Bar on Hwy 19.

Stated Thursday nights after 5pm. Decent enough lot, it is gravel in areas so expect dust. Good food, cold Beer.

I’ll call today if I remember and find out more.

moparkid25
    Participant

Sunday in Dubuque is that annual Mopars on the Mississippi show thumbsup.gif

Amigo2k

I may hit up the show in Dane on Saturday depending on my schedule this weekend….

marvelous
    Participant

Tuesday Aug 18th is the last cruise in at Fort Atkinson. They expect between 250 and 300 cars. It is free and the food is good and cheap. It is held in a park just a couple blocks from the Fireside Theater on city hwy 26. A real nice bunch of people. thumbsup.gif

Xman
    Participant
    Quote:
    I may hit up the show in Dane on Saturday depending on my schedule this weekend….

I saw a flier that read 2 free brats and two beers if you register a car, and that was free… sounds like a good show…free lunch

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Hot Import Nights in Chicago for me this weekend icon_punk.gif

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    I saw a flier that read 2 free brats and two beers if you register a car, and that was free… sounds like a good show…free lunch

I went to that two years ago, it was a nice little show. The brats were delicious, and the beers were a bonus thumbsup.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Spring Green I think for me

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone have any further info on the Roads Fest Car Show in Cottage Grove, scheduled for this Saturday? I see the info listed on the forum, but is this a “real deal” car show or what? With the weather possibly being a factor on Saturday, this might be a good, local show to consider if I can get some verification on this show.

My first pick is the 4th Annual Jesus Built My Hot Rod Show at the New Life Church in Janesville. I have heard alot of very positive comments and praise for this show. In that this is a year of searching out shows that I have never attended in this past, this looks like a good one to me!

Marshmellow Man

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Marshmellow Man

New nickname Marshall? icon_punk.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Naw, not at all. My fingers must of slipped on the keyboard icon_cheesygrin.gif

circletrack
    Participant

We’re headed to Spring Green, love that show and the downtown atmosphere. Let’s hope the weather holds out!

Looks like plenty to chose from this weekend, car show season is winding down! :(

Anonymous
    Inactive

I really like the Spring Green show also! I won a Best In Class award there last year, and the year before, I won a runner-up Award in my class at the Taste of Portage Show. Both shows are held on the same day, so it’s pretty obvious that one could attend both shows.

This year, I am looking for something a little different. I have been hearing about this Jesus Built My Hot Rod Show at the New Life Church in Janesville for several years, so I thought I would go to this show this year. I have some car show friends from the Janesville, Beloit, Edgerton, and Albion area who have convinced me that this is a worthwhile show. I will post on the forum after the show (weather permitting, of course).

MMR
    (Mumps, Measles, and Rubella)

RivFan
    Participant
    Quote:
    We’re headed to Spring Green, love that show and the downtown atmosphere. Let’s hope the weather holds out!:(

Spring Green for me too! I also love the small town downtown shows. Look for a new Riv never seen before at the local shows!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have an update on the RoadFest Car Show.

I sent an email to Bill Moan (the organizer of this show) who responded that the show was cancelled for 2008 and should have been removed from the web.

“Hi, and thanks for the response. The show has been canceled and was supposed to be taken off the web. I’m sorry for any inconveniences. We will be having a large show in 2009. thanks.”

Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.