Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises and Shows for July 8 to July 14

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

We normally attend the show in Blanchardville, it’s a beautiful drive in the morning. It’s been so darn hot the last few years though and not enjoyable, especially since they do awards late in the day and it’s even later when you get home… we’ll have to see what the week brings. We’ve been to the Ballweg show before also, it’s a nice one.

moparkid25
    Participant
    circletrack wrote:
    We normally attend the show in Blanchardville, it’s a beautiful drive in the morning. It’s been so darn hot the last few years though and not enjoyable, especially since they do awards late in the day and it’s even later when you get home… we’ll have to see what the week brings. We’ve been to the Ballweg show before also, it’s a nice one.

I know what you mean, it does make for a long day on a Sunday. And I only live 10 miles from Blanchardville!

I will not be attending Blanchardville this year either. Saturday night I will be banging my head with Firehouse and Slaughter at the Mississippi Moon Bar in Dubuque, IA & staying the night at the hotel across the street. Im taking my Buick so I can attend a car show down there on Sunday!

KRUZN70
    Participant

Going to Iola for first time in 15 years on Thursday! Can’t wait.

GTO Man

Iola is a great show, something for everyone. I plan on attending on Friday. Looks like the weather will be cooperating. Welcome to the forum.

Blown69RS
    Participant

Zac..Doing Dubuque again huh??…. good deal..
    Maybe see ya Sunday… think me and a buddy will probably head up there.

Love the Blanchardville show…for size, variety, etc. .
    Gotta agree on the super long day though…

Good luck / have fun this weekend everyone.!!!

Russ

moparkid25
    Participant

Yeah, I went to that show last year and it was the best show I went to all year. The arboretum is a great place with plenty of shade.

Luxuryliners
    Participant

Ballweg has been a nice short show in the past…have to work a 12 Saturday so can’t make it this year…looking at the Dubuque arboretum for Sunday though just to try something different.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I am thinking about going to Iola Saturday or Sunday . I have never gone to the show.Is either day better that the other? Do you need to be pre-registered to be in the show ?

GTO Man

Saturday is usually very busy, sometimes so it is hard to walk through. Sunday should be less busy but some vendors may be packing up and leave early. There will be many show cars each day. It is a great show, one of the best in the midwest.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

At this point I plan to go Saturday.If any wants to carvan up I will be leaving Madison 6:30-7am.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.