Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises and Shows for June 25 to July 1

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

I wonder what the cruise in, in Verona is like….

for me this week: QSL thursday and Sun Prairie Saturday (weather is looking great).

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

QSL is going to be a lot of fun – Krooser from Iola is bringing a couple cars down and I believe this is the week for the #1 original General Lee car which should be very cool to see! icon_headbang.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Saturday’s weather looks to be near perfect!

I am conservatively guessing 300 cars this year, and if our extensive advertising in the Milwaukee area pays off this year, maybe 400 cars!

I hope to see everyone at Sun Prairie on Saturday!

Marshall

moparkid25
    Participant

Being somewhat of a Dukes encyclopeida, I’ll have to make sure I hit up quaker steak thursday night! I’ll pass on the Sun Prairie show, I was not impressed with anything at that show from the folks that put it on, especially the judging.

Amigo, I checked out the cruise night at 5th quarter a couple weeks ago. It was small, not a lot of cars there but the bar has a nice atmoshpere. The food is good and is priced right, and they have Miller Lite specials on Wedsnesdays…but if you ask me you could probably run your car on that stuff!!

icon_headbang.gif

moparkid25
    Participant

Also, I recieved a flyer last tuesday for a show and shine in Keyeser, just north of Sun Prairie on County C. Free food, and free other stuff also but no judging, just look pretty thumbsup.gif

icon_headbang.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Also, I recieved a flyer last tuesday for a show and shine in Keyeser, just north of Sun Prairie on County C. Free food, and free other stuff also but no judging, just look pretty thumbsup.gif

icon_headbang.gif

Is that show this weekend? Saturday or Sunday?

moparkid25
    Participant

It’s on Saturday, same time as Sun Prairie…for those of us that choose not to attend there. This is what the flyer reads:

CRUISE TO KEYESER

Classic car, tractor, and motorcycle show
    1979 and older

Where: Downtown Keyeser (Jct’s of County C and DM)
    When: June 30th, 2007 10a-4p
    Info: Gary @ 920-992-3703 or Ron 608-575-9179

No trophies, no awards, no charge, just fun!!
    If you can drive it, bring it!

icon_headbang.gif

Amigo2k

this is where I need to head?

http://www.angellpark.com/Map.htm

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Being somewhat of a Dukes encyclopeida, I’ll have to make sure I hit up quaker steak thursday night! I’ll pass on the Sun Prairie show, I was not impressed with anything at that show from the folks that put it on, especially the judging.

Amigo, I checked out the cruise night at 5th quarter a couple weeks ago. It was small, not a lot of cars there but the bar has a nice atmoshpere. The food is good and is priced right, and they have Miller Lite specials on Wedsnesdays…but if you ask me you could probably run your car on that stuff!!

icon_headbang.gif

I got an update from the QSL owner today – apparently the General Lee came this last Saturday instead of this Thursday because that was the only day that he could bring it… its really too bad!! crybaby2.gif

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    I got an update from the QSL owner today – apparently the General Lee came this last Saturday instead of this Thursday because that was the only day that he could bring it… its really too bad!! crybaby2.gif

Oh well, I guess I’ll have to settle for seeing it on tv….

icon_headbang.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Amigo2K,

Yes, the show is in Angell Park. I usually go out to the interstate and take Highway N (North) to Angell Park. Angell Park is less than five minutes north of the Interstate. It is easy to find and parking will be on grass, with limited shade available. Gates open at about 8AM, with registration starting at 9AM.

I was a member of the judging team last year and I will be one of about fifteen judges again this year. The judging pool consists of Ford, GM, MOPAR, and Tuner/Import enthusiasts. I can assure you that all cars have been and will be judged as uniformly and consistently as humanly possible. Club cars have been and will be excluded from judging.

moparkid25
    Participant

So explain to me then how a fully restored ’68 Hemi Coronet (that should have been on a trailer) only scores 87 out of 100 points, and my ’69 Charger R/T of the same condition with the exception of the Coronet being painted underneath only scored a 79 out of 100. To beat all, a black GM something with swirl marks scored higher… icon_scratch.gif Your “mopar” guy (whom I know) judged these cars…I’m not trying to cause any issues, just stating my opinions. I was not happy with this show and how the judging took place, so I choose not to go this year, nor am I trying to deter anyone from attending this show. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who got salty over this, but maybe the only one who won’t keep his mouth shut Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

I’m glad to see that your club cars won’t be in class for judging. I’ve been to a few shows where club members win and that really pisses people off. For example, the Don Miller MOPAR show, they did this a few years ago and now a lot of local’s won’t even go. They did it again this year, who knows what will happen dontknow.gif

I hope the WSC’s get a great turnout because Angel Park is a decent place to have a show.

icon_headbang.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can certainly understand your feelings. I have been to any number of shows the past few years where I felt that the judging was not fair, nor uniform. I have come to learn that “subjectivity” always comes into play. I have struck out and fallen flat on my face at shows where I felt I should have done well. I have gone to shows where I felt I wasn’t even in the running, and come home with best in class or best in show awards. So, I chalk it all up to that “subjectivity” thing and move on to the next one. I have learned not to take these things personally, because they are not personal. It is just the judge’s subjectivity and bias at work. I like being around old cars and old car people, so I don’t take a win or no win seriously, knowing that this subjectivity and bias will always exist. I have come home empty handed too many times to get excited when my car doesn’t get the recognition I feel it deserves.

Angell Park is a great venue for a car show and we would love to have you participate in this years show. You have a great car and do very well with it at most of the shows. There will always be room for one more car at the Sun Prairie Show.

MMRJR

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.