Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises and Shows for September 25 to 30

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

The car show part of Jefferson is just sunday? Or is it also Saturday too?

GTO Man

It is just Sunday from what I understand.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s my posting all the way from Traverse City, MI

The car show (more of a show and shine than anything else) is only on Sunday. Saturday is for walking the Car Corral and Vendors area.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Good to hear from you Marshall! How’s the trip?

Amigo2k

well right now it is rain sunday, so I may be driving down sat morning to check things out (I need to pick up some Wizard products).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey, Good to hear from you guys also.

I will be returning home on Friday afternoon. I came over on the SS BADGER carferry out of Manitowoc and landed at Ludington, MI. I will be coming back the same way. Nice experience, but the carferry is pretty slow. A good alternative to driving through Chicago, East Gary and up the coast of Michigan, though.

I am hoping that the weather will hold for Sundays show at Jefferson even though I am planning to check out the Car Corrals and Vendors on Saturday.

Marshall

GTO Man

I will be going on Saturday, it looks like the best day weather-wise. THis time of the year you never know what your going to get weather-wise. It is a short season when you consider that May and September can be so unpredictable.

circletrack
    Participant

Steve will be heading there on Friday afternoon and I’ll join him on Saturday (also my birthday, such fun!) as he’s going to try and sell the Camaro to make room for other projects and pay off a couple bills! :) I’m hoping the weather holds, I won’t worry until Friday gets here, lately it changes day to day!

montefrazer
    Participant

I’ll be at Jefferson Saturday, too. Walking the swap meet and looking at the cars for sale.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yep I’ll go Saturday as well. Happy Birthday Circletrack, what a great present to be able to go to Jefferson on that day! thumbsup.gif

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Steve will be heading there on Friday afternoon and I’ll join him on Saturday (also my birthday, such fun!) as he’s going to try and sell the Camaro to make room for other projects and pay off a couple bills! :) I’m hoping the weather holds, I won’t worry until Friday gets here, lately it changes day to day!

How old are you going to be, 29? wave.gif

RivFan
    Participant

It’s Green Lake for me on Sunday… no rain in the forecast as of today!

Maybe I’m the only one, but I have to say that I don’t really enjoy the Jefferson swap meet. The show part and car coral is interesting, but the swap meet is usually 99% junk (IMHO). If there was some sort of organization to the arrangement of the vendors it might be better. I guess that’s part of the fun – the thrill of the hunt for that elusive part – just not my deal however… good luck to all who are going, hope you find that hidden treasure thumbsup.gif

GTO Man

I find it interesting to see whats for sale in the car corral. I have trouble identifying particular parts in the swap area since most are not marked. Today I did find a couple of GTO books which I had been planning on purchasing. The cars in the Hupmobile display were great. I took some pictures of those which I will put in the photo gallery.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Al,
    Welcome to the forum!!!!

Good Luck in Green Lake on Sunday.

I am searching for that elusive “good deal” on a late 60s early 70s convertible. So, going to Jefferson my best shot on a nice car at a reasonable price.

Marshall

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    It’s Green Lake for me on Sunday… no rain in the forecast as of today!

Maybe I’m the only one, but I have to say that I don’t really enjoy the Jefferson swap meet. The show part and car coral is interesting, but the swap meet is usually 99% junk (IMHO). If there was some sort of organization to the arrangement of the vendors it might be better. I guess that’s part of the fun – the thrill of the hunt for that elusive part – just not my deal however… good luck to all who are going, hope you find that hidden treasure thumbsup.gif

I agree with ya Al, trying to find good parts down there is hard. Frankly, my attention span isn’t all that great when it comes to digging thru all the parts down there either. That, and probably 75% of the stuff for sale is GM which doesn’t do me any good either. When it comes to buying good quality, used parts for any of my Mopar’s I have a few different people I buy from. It’s just easier to have a few contacts, and if they don’t have what I need they usually can put me in touch with someone who does.

I do enjoy looking at cars for sale, but with the exception of last spring I usually don’t see anything that trips my trigger (Once again, it’s gotta be a Mopar). This spring I saw a lot of really nice ‘pars for sale, but a few were out of the ballpark from what the owner wanted to get and what the going rate values were. Very nice cars nonetheless…

I may check out the show if the weather holds tomorrow, we’ll see.

icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.