Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises and Shows for September 4 – 10

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

Isn’t Parks Automotive having a show next weekend too?

Amigo2k

195760_141319992674338_1645097414_n.jpg

Parks’ Automotive will be holding its annual car show Sunday Sept. 9th from 9am to 3:00pm. All makes and models are welcome to show! Food and refreshments will be available for purchase. All proceeds go to benefit The American Cancer Society and the local Food Pantry. Voluntary donations will be accepted and are greatly appreciated!

jonmandude
    Participant

Thanks Ryan.

moparkid25
    Participant

Platteville also has there 37th annual show on Sunday too.

Luxuryliners
    Participant

Is the parks automotive show like a free will donation show n shine or how is it run? Anybody been their in the past, is it worth the drive? thanks!

Xman
    Participant

Last time I went a few years ago, it was a show and shine no entry fee, but they had free food and a dash plaque. I see now you have to pay for the food ,and it appears proceeds for American Cancer Society and a food pantry. So they may be charging a entry fee.

I’m thinking Waterloo, looks like they are having a long distance award if your driving far..:) its only about 16 miles for me. About the same for Park’s show.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Waterloo is a different kind of show. That is to say, it may not be for everyone.

It’s casual, slow paced, and located outside Waterloo a mile or so, away from where the Weiner and Kraut festivities are occurring. Really, there’s not much going on at the legion facility except the car show and Legion members who wander it and wander out. They will be serving food (hot dogs and drinks). So, if you like the smaller shows that are quieter and slower paced, then this is for you.

On the other hand, the door prizes are plentiful and pretty nice. The American Legion members pick the cars they like at the end of the day and the top ten car numbers are pulled at random for the “bigger” prizes. If I am not mistaken, the top three vehicles in this raffle get cash.

Xman
    Participant
    MMRJR wrote:
    Waterloo is a different kind of show. That is to say, it may not be for everyone.

It’s casual, slow paced, and located outside Waterloo a mile or so, away from where the Weiner and Kraut festivities are occurring. Really, there’s not much going on at the legion facility except the car show and Legion members who wander it and wander out. They will be serving food (hot dogs and drinks). So, if you like the smaller shows that are quieter and slower paced, then this is for you.

On the other hand, the door prizes are plentiful and pretty nice. The American Legion members pick the cars they like at the end of the day and the top ten car numbers are pulled at random for the “bigger” prizes. If I am not mistaken, the top three vehicles in this raffle get cash.

Thanks M, I like the slow paced idea. Might a nice relaxing day for $5….

Luxuryliners
    Participant

Thanks for the info…not sure about Sunday with Platteville being relatively close but looking at checking out Waterloo on Saturday heard there is an old carousel to check out somewhere around there.

circletrack
    Participant

Thinking Waterloo too… maybe breakfast first, anyone want to join me?? :)

moparkid25
    Participant
    Luxuryliners wrote:
    Thanks for the info…not sure about Sunday with Platteville being relatively close but looking at checking out Waterloo on Saturday heard there is an old carousel to check out somewhere around there.

:whistle:
    Better check your work schedule before you make any plans

Luxuryliners
    Participant

I know right, a little bit overwhelmed with the whole weekend off and so many choices this weekend…haven’t had to make any decisions past “this ones closest so I can make it back to work fastest” all year, I might just drive half way across the state to a small show just because I can!

Xman
    Participant
    circletrack wrote:
    Thinking Waterloo too… maybe breakfast first, anyone want to join me?? :)

If your buying…. :woohoo:

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.