Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Show Attendance Trends

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Have you noticed any trends of attendance at car shows since you’ve been going to them? Obviously a rainy day will have lower attendance, but what about year to year? For example, I noticed a significant decrease in attendance at all the shows I attended in 2005, many of which were the same shows in 2004 and later in 2006. Both of those years showed a marked increase in attendance, which is reflected in the amount of photos I have in the photo gallery for each year. What do you think?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

Attendance doesn’t change much for the shows in and around Madison, but I have noticed that some shows where they depend on travelers from far away have hurt with attendance…especially since gas prices rose over $3 a gallon. It doesn’t stop me from driving mine, but not always the case with other enthusiasts.

The big thing that hurts shows is poor judging. Judging will make or break a show. Most shows around here are judged quite fair. Two years ago I went to the all-makes Don Miller show hosted by the GTO club (no offense meant to GTOman) but a ’92 corvette won best of show. The following year I attended without my car but the same ’92 vette won best of show again! That’s gonna ruin that show, there was a lot of pissed off people both spectators and entrants.

icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.