Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Car Show Display Boards

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Over the winter I want to have a car show display board made. I realize that these things can cost anywhere from $75 to $300. Does anyone currently have one, and is there anyone in the area who makes these that you would recommend. I have found several online sources and if there is nobody local, I will end up using one on the online sources.
    Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

That is a good question, I have thought about having one of those made also.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I always thought it would be fun to have one of those as well!!! icon_cheesygrin.gif

I’ll try looking around and see if I can find a place. Have you seen this Catalina at any of the shows:
    [img]http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/Carshows/Monroe/normal_DSCF0360.JPG[/img]

Because he has a huge one, he’s probably the guy to ask where to get it done.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, I haven’t seen this one. This is my first year at either participating or showing at most of the local shows. I haven’t got it quite together yet. But, next year, right out of the box, I want to be ready for Verona, Deerfield, Blanchardville, Madison, Fox Lake, Belleville, Pardeeville, and maybe a couple of others.
    Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like you’re prepared for next year!! As you can see from the Photo Gallery the shows GTO Man and I attend are pretty much around Madison in the Southern Wisconsin Area. You’ll probably see that car and its owner at the show this weekend at Portage, he’s probably going to that one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was parked right next to a red Pontiac GTO from the verona area at the Verona show earlier this year. By chance, this wasn’t GTO man, was it? His friend, Grant, was on the other side, with a 68 Mustang Convertible.
    Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Nope, but close. GTO Man owns a Black ’68 GTO 4 speed, click this picture to see more:

normal_GTO%209a.jpg

I think he went to the Verona show but I’m not sure if he brought a car that time (I didn’t attend).

GTO Man
    Quote:
    Over the winter I want to have a car show display board made. I realize that these things can cost anywhere from $75 to $300. Does anyone currently have one, and is there anyone in the area who makes these that you would recommend. I have found several online sources and if there is nobody local, I will end up using one on the online sources.
    Marshall

Have you found a place that makes those yet around here?

circletrack
    Participant

I had one made in June by Signs by Tomorrow in Madison near East Towne Mall. It’s nothing fancy, and cost around $100. I’ve received many compliments on it. I’d think you could contact any of the businesses that make signs, they should be able to do it. I’ve been told Sign 1-1 in Sun Prairie/Madison also makes them.

image02517dq.jpg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Circletrack’s looks great, and is very informative as well!! icon_punk.gif

GTO Man

Good recommendations on where to get a board made.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Good recommendations on where to get a board made.

We should have one made for Wisconsin Collector Car

GTO Man

I found a vendor at Jefferson Swap Meet that creates show boards(literally) for you. They don’t have a website(yet). It is LT Tech, LLC and their number is 262-391-0347. They advertise as doing fine laser engraving.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Its very cool, they have a machine that will laser engrave any image or text onto wood or stainless steel. Its a very cool process to watch

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I recently bought a banner from Signs by Tomorrow on the east side. It turned out very well and I would definitely recommend them. The detail and durability of the material seemed great! thumbsup.gif

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    I recently bought a banner from Signs by Tomorrow on the east side. It turned out very well and I would definitely recommend them. The detail and durability of the material seemed great! thumbsup.gif

Any pics? What type of banner?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.