Welcome Forum Car Shows Car show on Sunday the 10th – Don Miller Pontiac/MOPAR

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Isn’t that also the Don Miller Pontiac show? Or is it an everything show? The calendar just says Mopar.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am somewhat confused also. Usually, there is an all makes/all models show at Don Miller in late July or early August. The show I am thinking of is sponsored/hosted by God’s County GTO club. I am not certain about this show coming up on Sunday. In years past, the Don Miller show has always been a good show. Maybe others on the forum can chime in with additional info on this show.

There is a nice local show in Verona at the Fire Station (Annual Home Town Days celebration, 8Am to 3PM), on Sunday, which is sponsored by the Sugar River Cruisers Car Club. I have participated in this show for several years, and it is one of my personal favorites. Like most other shows, this one keeps growing every year.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

[s:f2d7967c85]GTO Man reports that this is not the Don Miller Show sponsored by God’s Country Pontiac Club – that one is in September. I will find out if only MOPARs are allowed or if all makes and models are welcome.[/s:f2d7967c85]

Correction: See Next Post

GTO Man

The show Sunday at Don Miller is not just a MOPAR show, there is one on the Pontiac side also for Pontiacs.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Correction: This is the Don Miller Pontiac Show open to all makes and models and is hosted by Don Miller – not God’s Country Pontiac Club

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok since I was sooooo confused I called.

It is the Don Miller ALL PONTIAC show on Sunday–10 to 3.
    Mopars are on the other side.

GTO Man

Thanks for clearing that up, they have done little or no advertising of the event.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is anyone planning on going to the Verona show on Sunday?

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That’s another good possibility. I think Deerfield on Saturday for me and possibly both of these shows on Sunday, we’ll see how weather and time looks

GTO Man
    Quote:
    Is anyone planning on going to the Verona show on Sunday?

Marshall

I plan on going to Verona on Sunday, it is an enjoyable show. Saturday I will be at Deerfield which is always a good time.

circletrack
    Participant

I’ll be at Verona on Sunday. We were supposed to be in Illinois right now headed to the Chevelle show in TN but my husbands grandfather passed away and we have a funeral to attend Friday instead.

With the weather forecast tomorrow, it might be a good thing we’re not on the road.

moparkid25
    Participant

Sorry to hear about that rachael :(

The Don Miller Pontiac/Mopar show is this Sunday. However, GTO Man is correct, there is little to no avertising of these shows! I don’t know who puts the Pontiac show on, but there is a club that does the Chrysler show-MOPAR LTD-from the Madison area. If you ask me, these guys don’t really have a clue. This show has been going on for 15 years now and the attendance for the Mopar side is slim. Quite a few years ago, they gave awards to all of there club members and jipped a lot of local Mopar guys with nice cars. This is why the numbers are low. If things don’t do better this year, I’m afraid Dan Miller is gonna put the kabosh on it. I’ve went for the last 4 years and last year won Best of Show last year. I enjoy this show because it’s the only Mopar show around here without driving to Dubuque, Fox Lake IL, or Belvidere. I would hate to see this show come to an end, but the guys who put it on just don’t seem to get it. I’ve wrote there club president a letter two years in a row giving them idea’s on how to make this a better show, and this year I never heard back. Some Ideas I gave them were to display it on the WCC calendar and hand out flyers at the Dells, both of which I see were done.

I hope they get a good turn out here, it will be my first show with a car this year blob1.gif

icon_headbang.gif

moparkid25
    Participant

What a nice day for a car show!!!

As usual, the Pontiac’s have way more cars than the Mopars did, but I was impressed with the turnout that was there. Many nice cars on both sides, awards were on time (which is a oddity for a car show), and I remembered sunscreen icon_cheesygrin.gif

The only thing I didn’t think was fair, and maybe this is because of the turnout, but I don’t agree with club members of Mopar, Ltd. putting there cars in the show and then winning awards. This takes away from other visitors to the show, but like I said earlier there was probably only 3-4 cars per class anyway.

icon_headbang.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that you liked it! I stopped by for just a bit and was impressed by the number of cars – I thought they were just going to have the Don Miller Pontiac lot open (like they do during the show with the Gods Country Pontiac Club) but they had an additional lot open where the MOPARs were parked. Great weather! I added the “rate the car show” feature to this topic. Post your comments. To rate the show just select “Rate The Show” from the dropdown menu:
    [img]http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10002/rate.JPG[/img]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) -A Easy to find
    Parking Location – A Lots of parking for all
    Class Organization – B-seems like a lot of classes, they need one for the newer GTO’s
    Trophies & Prizes – A- Plaques and nice door prizes
    Food – Brat and Brau- A- they ran out of food
    Entertainment -DJ – B- could have been a little louder
    Judging – B IIts always fun to do
    Dash Plaque – A- yep
    Variety of Cars – A- well only if you like Pontiacs-and it is a Pontiac show!
    Bathrooms -A- inside–yeah better than a porty potty
    Weather – A- wonderful

Trophy Presentation Timing
    Entry Fee – A- fair
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here A

They had a record breaking year with 101 cars. Am sure the weather helped a lot. There were a lot of Mopars there this year. Maybe they kinda need to do their own advertising within the club to get them there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) -A Easy to find
    Parking Location – A Lots of parking for all
    Class Organization – B-seems like a lot of classes, they need one for the newer GTO’s
    Trophies & Prizes – A- Plaques and nice door prizes
    Food – Brat and Brau- A- they ran out of food
    Entertainment -DJ – B- could have been a little louder
    Judging – B IIts always fun to do
    Dash Plaque – A- yep
    Variety of Cars – A- well only if you like Pontiacs-and it is a Pontiac show!
    Bathrooms -A- inside–yeah better than a porty potty
    Weather – A- wonderful

Trophy Presentation Timing
    Entry Fee – A- fair
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here A

They had a record breaking year with 101 cars. Am sure the weather helped a lot. There were a lot of Mopars there this year. Maybe they kinda need to do their own advertising within the club to get them there.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.