Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Shows at Dealers

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

I would imagine there will be fewer car shows at Auto Dealers than there have been in the past. Last year Trecek didn’t have their show because of the economy(at least that is what they said). Many of the dealers probably will not be in business.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lordairgtar
    Participant

Hope not. That is a lot of my art and DJ income. I haven’t heard anything from my clients yet.

GTO Man

Hopefully they can all weather the storm.

moparkid25
    Participant

I don’t think you will see that many dealers disappear. Some yes, like saturn and hummer, but those dealers never did anything to sponsor a lot around the area anyway.

I wouldn’t be suprised if the GTO Club that sponsors the all makes Don Miller show goes bye-bye, after the judging that took place the last few years….I didn’t attend this year so I dont know how it turned out, but I would hope that BOS didn’t go to a late-model Corvette again. The MOPAR show has been hurting over there for years too, I think they get maybe 25 cars a year? I can’t forsee that one lasting forever either. It always seems there a lot of bias judging at Dealership-sponsored car shows.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was in a conversation this week with several used auto sales guys and the “automobile row” on Odana was the topic of the conversation. There was talk that a couple of these “automobile row” dealers won’t be around come next spring. I personally noticed just the day before Christmas that there were no cars in front on the Russ Darrow store on Odana. Where did their cars go?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think the dealers that will go are those that haven’t been true to the brand.

Too many dealer chains that have one of every brand. Stopping the whole idea of true market competition. If Joe Blow owns a Ford, Chevy, Dodge and Toyota dealership he really doesn’t care what the customer gets in as long as he sells it.

Aside from that. I’m sure Ballweg Sauk Ford will have the Ford show, unless it becomes a Toyota Dealership, which they have now….

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.