Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Shows for September 16 – 17

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

GTO Man,

I have pre-registered for the Amato Ford All Ford Show in Mukwanago. Even though I don’t have a car to enter, I may go as a spectator and take the camera and come back with photos for the forum.

Is anyone else planning on this show. This one is sponsored by the Milwaukee Vintage T Bird Club and is a judged, All Ford or Ford powered show.

Marshall

GTO Man

That sounds like a good show. That would be great if you could get some pics at the show.

circletrack
    Participant

A show in Jefferson two weeks in a row? How does the town manage that? :D

Amigo2k

here is some more info about the show in jefferson:
    Sep 16th
    10:00 A.M. – VINTAGE CAR SHOW – Infield Area – Contact : Mike Spangler 674-4482 – Sponsored by: Aumann’s Service, Inc., North 26 Motor Sales, Schroedl’s Auto Pros, Lou’s Riverview, Lemke Fencing

1:00 P.M. – ROAD RALLY – Contact: Vicki Barnes – 674-6092 – Run by: The Blackhawk Auto Club – Starting at Brumm’s Towne Inn – Registration 12:00 Noon – Drivers meeting – 12:45 – First Car is out at 1:01 – Sponsored by: The Blackhawk Auto Club

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I have pre-registered for the Amato Ford All Ford Show in Mukwanago. Even though I don’t have a car to enter, I may go as a spectator and take the camera and come back with photos for the forum.

Great! I’ve never been to that show, it will be interesting to hear how it is! I’ll only be able to attend one show this weekend, it will either be Cross Plains or Beloit depending on the weather. I would prefer Beloit because I’ve been to Cross Plains in past years (where I met Marshall last year actually) and their show is more oriented towards pre 1950s and tractors. I’ve never been to Beloit so that would be a good one to try out.

Amigo2k

How many cars are typically at the Cross plains show?

Anonymous
    Inactive

We’ve gone to Beloit for the past 7-8 years. Always a very good show. The drive in is part gravel so if its dry you’ll have to clean off your car. Hot rods get to park in the shade by the river, covettes are segregated, and there are also “old cars” and trucks and then the muscle cars. They have had up to a 1000 cars. But in a day you can pretty much see all you want. They also have craft/car stuff and usually a bunch of for sale cars.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Cross Plains Show is not a judged show, but for the entry fee, they do award some outstanding dash plaques that are mounted on a wood base and are really beautiful. There may be as many as 75-100 classic cars, muscle cars, but many, many more steam powered, antiques cars, or steam engines. I really enjoyed last years show at Cross Plains and there is lots of foot traffic from spectators, if the weather holds.

I have heard many good and excellent comments about the Beloit Show, but it is a big one with as many as 1200 cars participating. I have a commitment to the Mukwanago Amato Ford show, so I will save the Beloit Show for next year.

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

In regards to Jefferson,

The “usual” Fall Jefferson show is the following weekend, the 23rd and 24th of September, with the car show being on the 24th only.

I like the “usual” Fall Jefferson weekend because it gives me two full days to look for buried treasure (NOS, OE, Fomoco, Rotunda) amongst all the other trash and flea market stuff.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    We’ve gone to Beloit for the past 7-8 years. Always a very good show. The drive in is part gravel so if its dry you’ll have to clean off your car. Hot rods get to park in the shade by the river, covettes are segregated, and there are also “old cars” and trucks and then the muscle cars. They have had up to a 1000 cars. But in a day you can pretty much see all you want. They also have craft/car stuff and usually a bunch of for sale cars.

Thanks for all the great info about it! I’m going to try and make it down there!

Quote:
    The “usual” Fall Jefferson show is the following weekend, the 23rd and 24th of September, with the car show being on the 24th only.

I like the “usual” Fall Jefferson weekend because it gives me two full days to look for buried treasure (NOS, OE, Fomoco, Rotunda) amongst all the other trash and flea market stuff.

Yep, this is the big one hosted by Gary Esse.

In regards to Cross Plains, here’s some more information.
    Cross Plains 2004 Photos
    Cross Plains 2005 Photos

A few from 2004:
    normal_Cross%20Plains%20Car%20Show%20056.jpg
    normal_Cross%20Plains%20Car%20Show%20057.jpg
    normal_Cross%20Plains%20Car%20Show%20030.jpg
    normal_Cross%20Plains%20Car%20Show%20007.jpg
    normal_Cross%20Plains%20Car%20Show%20003.jpg

A few from 2005:
    normal_Cross%20Plains%20Car%20Show%202005%20024.jpg
    normal_Cross%20Plains%20Car%20Show%202005%20083.jpg
    normal_Cross%20Plains%20Car%20Show%202005%20074.jpg
    normal_Cross%20Plains%20Car%20Show%202005%20072.jpg
    normal_Cross%20Plains%20Car%20Show%202005%20058.jpg
    normal_Cross%20Plains%20Car%20Show%202005%20034.jpg
    normal_Cross%20Plains%20Car%20Show%202005%20043.jpg
    normal_Cross%20Plains%20Car%20Show%202005%20027.jpg
    normal_Cross%20Plains%20Car%20Show%202005%20007.jpg

Amigo2k

I called the folks about the Jefferson show.

50 cars last year, 5 bucks for a button to get into the fair grounds. First 25 folks get a ribbon. Only 3 trophies that are picked by the staff of the fair. A mix of all types of cars ….

I’ll have to flip a coin (cross plains or Jefferson …).

edit: I found this on the website:

Participant ribbons to the first 25 entries. Three trophies awarded. King’s Choice for Best Pre-War, Queen’s Choice for Best Post-War and President’s Choice for Overall Favorite.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I will say that the Cross Plains show is a very interesting thing to try if you haven’t been there before because of the wide variety of different types of vehicles that you normally don’t get at shows.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.