Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Shows in 2007

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Are there any shows that you attended in 2007 that will NOT be attending in 2008? What are the reasons?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

I think we discussed this once already, but I know I will not be attending the show on Labor Day weekend in Janesville next year. There were many beautiful cars there that should’ve won awards but the awards were given to the “locals”, due to stuffing of the ballot boxes. (I don’t know this 100%, but it was obvious).

The Verona show also needs some assistance, it would be nice to see another club in the area step up and help them out. I know the Road Apples have offered, but the folks running the show want to do most of it on their own, which I understand also.

Other than that, I can’t remember any of the shows that stood out as ones we won’t be back to.

moparkid25
    Participant

I was disappointed at the MOPAR happening in Belvidere, IL this year. It was a participant judged show, and during the awards presentation there were way too many people with ‘staff’ shirts on winning awards. I kinda felt that everybody was voting for there buddy (which usually happens at a participant judged show) and not judging the cars.

I’m curious if there will be a MOPAR show at Don Miller again this year, I’ve heard rumor that they will only have the Pontiac these days because the numbers for the MOPAR show aren’t very strong. Anybody got info on this?

I won’t attend Blanchardville if it’s hot again this year, that was just too much.

I’m sure there’s others, but I can’t think of them.

circletrack
    Participant

It’s always HOT in Blanchardville! sunny.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

I won’t go back to the Mayville Show in 2008, under any circumstances.

This was a participant judged show, but it appeared that many local cars did much better than one would expect. Also, the show promoters advertised three awards per class, yet only awarded two per class.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

The Mayville show wasnt too bad, but Im not a fan of participant judging.

I doubt Ill return to the Fox Lake show unless they get their judging, classes, and organization in order.

Labor Day Janesville sucked. I wont be going back there unless I grow a mullet. Ballot stuffing, and Mustang loving was all that show was. At least the food was free.

Howards Grove was just as bad, even though it was concourse styled.

The Chalmers Jewelers show is ok, even though they dont know the definition of “tuner car” even though they had a tuner class (a Corvette c5 won because of its loud factory stereo….call me crazy but a stereo doesnt define “tuner”).

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    The Chalmers Jewelers show is ok, even though they dont know the definition of “tuner car” even though they had a tuner class (a Corvette c5 won because of its loud factory stereo….call me crazy but a stereo doesnt define “tuner”).

Agreed, it is a low-key show that is fine if you’re just looking for a place to drive to on a Saturday

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.