Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Shows start again in April 2006

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I will begin listing the cars shows again in April.

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

17 – Cross Plains Wisconsin – Hill and Valley Tour and Field Day

17 – Jefferson Gemuetlichkeit Days Car Show

17 – Hogs ‘N Hemis – Fox Lake (Chicagoland Mopar)

17 – New Holstein – Cow Fest Antique Car & Street Rod Show

17 – Bailey’s Harbor- Autumnfest – Antique and Collector Car Show

17 – Stevens Point Wisconsin – 1st Annual Southside Plaza Classic Car & Truck

18 – Sheboygan – Classic Car Show

18 – Beloit Wisconsin – 29th Annual Beloit Autorama

18 – Menomonee Falls – Classic Thunderbird Club All Makes Car Show

A good selection of shows this weekend. Not too many weekends left this year. More info on the car show page.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Cross Plains for me!! jumpy.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

G Man and GTO Man,
    Any insights or info on the Cross Plains show? I have heard that this show is very heavy on older antique autos? Is it a good show, or is this one that can be passed up for another? I am not looking to bring home any hardware, just a nice selection and variety of classic and muscle cars. Good 50s rock and roll music doesn’t hurt my feelings either. icon_cheesygrin.gif icon_cheesygrin.gif

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

This show doesn’t have the biggest range of cars, but its still a nice show. It features several steam engines from the earliest conceptions of the automobile. Also there are a lot of 1955 and older cars. There is a fair selection of more modern cars as well. If you want to get a better idea check out the Cross Plains Photo Album from last year.

GTO Man

The Cross Plains show is more oriented toward the older cars. There usually are not that many cars from the 60’s or newer. It is a nice show but it leans toward the Model A’s and T’s. The Beloit show on Sunday is a very good show with many cars from all over. Alot are pulled from Illinois. A couple of the other shows look interesting also.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Beloit is also good, but a longer drive.

GTO Man

23 – Appleton – License to Cruise Car Show – Downtown

24 – Parks Automotive / Firehouse Grill & Pub Car Show 10 a.m.-3 p.m.

24 – Francis Creek Wisconsin – 2nd Annual Show & Shine

24 – 25 Fall Jefferson – Mopars

24 – 25 – Lake Geneva Classic Car Rally

25 – Green Lake – Golden Days Harvest Festival Antique Car Show –

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Of course there is Fall Jefferson, some of the other ones look tempting too though

Anonymous
    Inactive

This weekend’s choice is a no brainer for me. I will be doing Jefferson (without the Mustang) looking for NOS, Rotunda, and repair parts/replacement parts for this winter, while the fastback is put away for next years round of cruisin and car shows. Depending on the weather, I plan to go both days and will be parked and at the gate at 6AM ready to go. Sunday is the car show, and Jefferson always has a phenomenal turnout of quality cars, but this show is just too big and too impersonal for my tastes.

GTO Man
    Quote:
    This weekend’s choice is a no brainer for me. I will be doing Jefferson (without the Mustang) looking for NOS, Rotunda, and repair parts/replacement parts for this winter, while the fastback is put away for next years round of cruisin and car shows. Depending on the weather, I plan to go both days and will be parked and at the gate at 6AM ready to go. Sunday is the car show, and Jefferson always has a phenomenal turnout of quality cars, but this show is just too big and too impersonal for my tastes.

Like you say Jefferson is a great place to find the parts needed for winter projects. Looks like the weather should be pretty good this weekend, compared to some previous Fall Jefferson weather. I think they are spotlighting Mopars this fall.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:

Like you say Jefferson is a great place to find the parts needed for winter projects. Looks like the weather should be pretty good this weekend, compared to some previous Fall Jefferson weather. I think they are spotlighting Mopars this fall.

Its definitely a big show! One problem with Jefferson is that there tends to be a good amount of “junk” (for lack of a better word) that doesn’t really belong in the classic car category (a ’95 Tarus for example).

Anonymous
    Inactive

headed to jefferson sunday, rain or no rain. Better not rain either haha. Tho some swap meet vendors leave there stuff uncovered so even if it did rain it wouldnt be a total waist of a trip

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    headed to jefferson sunday, rain or no rain. Better not rain either haha. Tho some swap meet vendors leave there stuff uncovered so even if it did rain it wouldnt be a total waist of a trip

Hopefully it won’t and they’ll have a good turnout, but based on the results today it doesn’t look too good

GTO Man

1 – Cudahy Wisconsin – 4th Annual South Shore YMCA Classic Car Show

1 – Green Bay Wisconsin – Ford, Jeep, Mopar And AMC Antique & Collector

2 – Milwaukee-Franklin – 14th Annual MACC Fund All Makes Fall Round Up Car

2- Fox Lake Chrysler Swap (Chicagoland Mopar)

More information on Car Show Page.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Too bad, there are less and less each weekend. crybaby2.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.