Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Cars In Barns or Car Find Stories????

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone have any Car Find stories that they would like to share on the forum? I really like to hear about cars in barns, and cars under canvas. I am interested in knowing how you found your current collector car or hobby car and how long it took to find the “right” one.

Living here in the midwest for the past 13 years, I have come to know that cars just don’t survive for many years when they are left out in the weather.

Marshall

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    montefrazer
    Participant

Not really a Collector Car, even though they are popular cars to “PIMP OUT” now. I use it for a daily driver. It’s a 77 Chevy Caprice. A guy at work asked me if I wanted a 67 Chevy with a bad transmission. I said I would be interested in it. The next day it became a 79 Chevy and then he wasn’t sure what it was. I asked him to bring in the title and it turned out to be a 77. It was sitting next to his garage for several years and his wife wanted it gone. I went to pick it up and wasn’t sure what to do with it. Three of the brakes were frozen, the hood was stuck, and the interior was used for storage. The trans was dead as I mentioned. When I got it home I got the hood open and the engine ran great. I spent some time looking at the condition of the car and the parts I had on hand. I decided it would be a cheap daily driver for me to do. I had a transmission and most of the other parts it needed. I did buy different seats and some needed new parts. Been driving it for 1 1/2 years now and will finish some last minor things this summer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice story Steve! Thanks for sharing.

Marshall

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.