Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Chrome Plating

• Creator
    Topic
    Jam
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a quality chrome plating shop in the Madison area? Obviously I don’t want to spend a fortune, but I’m more concerned about quality than price. It’s a window trim piece, so it doesn’t have to be about bumpers and big stuff.
    I really don’t want to go to Milwaukee, but anywhere between Madison and maybe Delafield would be OK.
    If you’ve had a good experience with someplace that you would recommend, please shot me a line.

Thank You

jam

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

No experience with them. But I have heard there is a plating company on Stewart St.

Amigo2k

949 Stewart St
    Madison, WI 53713
    (608) 273-1929

I used the above place last year and I was very happy with the results:

550795_10152410218990705_566310854_n.jpg

pontiacguy
    Participant

I would stay away from the place on Stewart. We have had a part there since January and still don’t have it back. :(

D.Dawg
    Participant

I used the shop on Stewart St. last year to re-plate and polish several windshield trim pieces. My work was done on time and back to me within a couple of weeks, as agreed. I was happy with the quality of the work and the timeliness of the project.

There is an outfit from Brillion that is always at Jefferson, both Spring and Fall. I have heard from other enthusiasts that they do very, very excellent work, but can be a bit pricey.

Blown69RS
    Participant

http://www.car-trek.com/chrome/contact-chrome/

Its outside the area you mentioned, but I’ve always heard good things about this place in Dubuque. (AIH Chrome Plating). I know they used to offer different levels of plating (very good for drivers up to anal beyond belief show quality). They can be pricey, and would need to verify a turnaround time. Just another option..

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.