Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Classics…

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

edit

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Garibaldi…

Congratulations on the new website!

I found some classic photos on the net. They’re not muscle
    cars, and they’re not mine, but they’re still worth a look!

http://www.plitkins.net/alex/Blackhawkpics/

Good luck with your new site! :D

Welcome Shadow57! Glad you found the place!!!
    This website is about all classic cars, not just muscle cars so those fit in great! The old Tuckers were really ahead of their time, with the aerodynamics and the turning headlight, something now just being used again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

edit

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I cringe whenever I think about the Tucker because I
    had a chance to buy one VERY cheap about 35 years ago.

That was before the movie was made with Jeff Bridges.

Oh well, like they say, you snooze you lose.

I hate to think what that car would be worth today.

I’ve always hoped that it was a mis-print in the advert that I saw.
    I don’t think a Tucker would be advertised in a local paper. Seems like
    they would all be spoken for.

Whenever I go for a drive in the country I see some nice cars slowly
    rusting away in the fields.

Unfortunately the farmers know EXACTLY
    what those rusted hulks are worth! :(

WOW!!!!! I bet you feel like this sometimes! :banghead: :banghead: :violent1: :violent1: :violent3: :violent3:

I think tuckers are bringing around $350,000 now! I heard about a guy who heard on a radio show that an old lady wanted under $1,000 for a cuda and a charger, he couldn’t believe his ears!!! He bought them and sold the charger at barrett-jackson, imagine how happy he is now!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I find it very interesting that back then, it was obvious the advatage with the turning headlights on the Tucker , now it is just starting to come back.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I find it very interesting that back then, it was obvious the advatage with the turning headlights on the Tucker , now it is just starting to come back.

Yeah I find that interesting too, it was so far ahead of its time yet it was rejected, not to mention the aerodynamic design besides. The turning headlights idea that the Tucker pioneered just make sense.

GTO Man

Another interesting site for classics is http://www.nethercuttcollection.org/index2.html

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Another interesting site for classics is http://www.nethercuttcollection.org/index2.html

That looks like a good site!

Anonymous
    Inactive

charger6019692cl.jpg

Heres my dream car

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    charger6019692cl.jpg

Heres my dream car

WOW! :cheers: :salute: Very nice!

GTO Man

Nice looking Charger. They were always a tough looking car. Certainly in the top five muscle cars.

The Charger Daytona and the Plymouth Superbird were interesting vehicles. They were made to compete on the super-speedways. But they actually were too fast, speeds were pushing past 200 mph and Nascar decided to slow it down, so they banned the wings. Daytona’s and Superbirds didn’t sell well when they came out, probably too radical for the buying public. If they only knew then what we know now.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Nice looking Charger. They were always a tough looking car. Certainly in the top five muscle cars.

The Charger Daytona and the Plymouth Superbird were interesting vehicles. They were made to compete on the super-speedways. But they actually were too fast, speeds were pushing past 200 mph and Nascar decided to slow it down, so they banned the wings. Daytona’s and Superbirds didn’t sell well when they came out, probably too radical for the buying public. If they only knew then what we know now.

Just look at what the Chargers were going for at Barrett-Jackson this year! :banghead:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d have probably bought a few, prep them, and pack in cosmoline for my retirement fund aicon_headbang.gif .

Awww, who am I kidding? – I would have driven the wheels off of all of them :D

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’d have probably bought a few, prep them, and pack in cosmoline for my retirement fund aicon_headbang.gif .

Awww, who am I kidding? – I would have driven the wheels off of all of them :D

They’re all so much fun to own! Drogar-SunGlass(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you find a classic now, it is more likely to be in poor shape. Not too may jewels sitting around in garages anymore.

71charger25ud.png

71charger8at.png

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

If you want why don’t you post those pictures in the Photo Album:
    http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.