Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Clay Bar Detailing System

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone used any of the clay bar or poly clay bar detailing kits out there on the market? Do they do as good a job as they claim to be able to do?

Marshall

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

I haven’t heard of those. Are they available around here?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, I do not believe that they are. Either Meguiar’s or Mother’s make a “liquid” clay detailing system, but I doubt the effectiveness of a “liquid” system.

I am not a chemist or a physicist, but I think that the spray lubricant followed by the clay bar create a level surface which is polished by a microfibre towel creating a glass like surface. The lubricant allows for the application (rubbed on) of the clay bar. Maybe there is a bond created by the little heat/energy from using a microfibre towel.

If this is as good as the claim, I am willing to spring for the $25 for an outstanding shine.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I was told you can get them at the local auto parts stores, or even Farm & Fleet?! I’ll have to check it out next time I’m out and about. I haven’t used one but have heard good things.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found a MOTHERS brand clay bar detailing system at Checker Auto Parts Today, for less than $20. After I have used it, I will report back as to whether it is working or not.

Marshall

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.