Welcome Forum The Lounge Clive Cussler Adventure Books

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Has anyone else read any books by Clive Cussler? He’s an adventure fiction writer very similar to Tom Clancy. He writes about his hero, Dirk Pitt, who is the Special Projects Director for NUMA, the National Underwater and Marine Agency of the US Government. Under the leadership of General Sandecker, Pitt and his lifelong friend Al Giordino go on searches for lost treasure and help avert terrible disasters. Also a new movie is coming out this friday, Sahara, based on one of his books. Anyone else like Clive?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    montefrazer
    Participant

Guess it’s just you and me. icon_sad.gif I recommend his books to everyone here. He usually works an old car into the story somewhere. If you see the movie Sahara and enjoy it, read the book it was based on. I’ll have to wait another week before I will have time to see it.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Guess it’s just you and me. icon_sad.gif I recommend his books to everyone here. He usually works an old car into the story somewhere. If you see the movie Sahara and enjoy it, read the book it was based on. I’ll have to wait another week before I will have time to see it.

Great to have another Clive Cussler fan here! I think I’m going to see Sahara today. His work is just so well done and the plots are always so detailed. What do you think about his son starting to write the novels?

montefrazer
    Participant

As long as the stories are as good as the original Cussler books, I’ll keep reading and rereading them. Waiting to see how things change now that Dirk Sr. has married, taken over the Admiral’s top spot, and the stories turn to his children.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    As long as the stories are as good as the original Cussler books, I’ll keep reading and rereading them. Waiting to see how things change now that Dirk Sr. has married, taken over the Admiral’s top spot, and the stories turn to his children.

Yep same here, I’ll keep reading. Hopefully they will keep Cussler’s same (or similar) writing style, as opposed to his co-written books (meaning Clive probably didn’t really write it) like the Kurt Austin adventures.

hpdog259962
    Participant

Hmm. Sounds Interesting, I’m going to go to the library to check some out.. Oh wait, I’m here now. Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

They are excellent. Clive Cussler is a big car collector as well, so you know he’s got to be a good guy! icon_cheesygrin.gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

That Works!!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.