Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Collector Car Storage

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

What do you do to keep moisture low where you car is stored? Is your car kept in a heated space? If you pay for storage, what is the going rate?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

GTO Man,
    I put down a couple of waterproof tarps underneath my car to stop or prevent moisture from coming up through the concrete floor. My garage is attached to the house and it is not heated.
    Marshall

Amigo2k

I do the same. That is a tarp under the car. A co-work of mine has a plastic tarp that zip the car closed for his S2000.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Our friend, Dan Ferguson, at Capital City Auto could answer your questions about the “going rate” for storage. I have been over to his place several times the past couple of months and his storage space was completely full by the middle of October and he has room for maybe 12 to 15 cars in his climate controlled space.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

Mine is parked in my warm basement… :)

jonmandude
    Participant

I always line the garage floor with cardboard to absorb the moisture from the concrete. Then a layer a plastic sheet. Then another layer of cardboard. By spring the bottom layer of cardboard is damp and the top layer is still dry so I know it was needed.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.