Welcome Forum The Lounge Congrats to our new Member of the Month, GTO Man!!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Congratulations GTO Man, you’ve been elected as member of the month!! icon_happygroup.gif :daniel: :waves: :band: :band2: :chevelle :banana: :auto4: :auto1: :gears: icon_cheers.gif Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif iroc.gif jumpy.gif icon_cheesygrin.gif icon_punk.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

:waves: BRAVO :waves:

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Well said, now all I have to do is edit the title at the top of the page.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congrats Goat yu dun us proud Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

I stil have not found the vote button Drogar-Dum(LBG).gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Congrats Goat yu dun us proud Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

I stil have not found the vote button Drogar-Dum(LBG).gif

Steve,

The vote is over, it was in a different thread. I’m sure you’ll get to cast your vote next month though!

Oh BTW about the vote next month, GTO Man cannot be nominated, that way we get a different member of the month each month.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It brings a tear to my eye. icon_cheesygrin.gif

Congrats Goat, you deserve it. thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congratulations

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice going goat-man! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Nice going goat-man! icon_cheesygrin.gif

GTO Man has found a new nick-name! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Folks
    Yes Gabribaldi back in the late 60’s and 70’s thats what we use to call our GTO’s It was GOAT or Geetoe but that gose back some years . I had every year goat from 64 to 70 and a few 67’s. :D

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hi Folks
    Yes Gabribaldi back in the late 60’s and 70’s thats what we use to call our GTO’s It was GOAT or Geetoe but that gose back some years . I had every year goat from 64 to 70 and a few 67’s. :D

With great honor, comes great new nicknames! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Hi Folks

I never heard of “Geetoe” but that could have been a regional thing. But “goat” – yeah, that’s all we ever called a GTO.

Every one from 64 – 70???? icon_eek.gif

drool.gif

Those were the best years of all for muscle cars IMHO …possibly as late as 1972 with some models. I particularly like the ’66 goat and the 4-4-2 drool.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Hi Folks

I never heard of “Geetoe” but that could have been a regional thing. But “goat” – yeah, that’s all we ever called a GTO.

Every one from 64 – 70???? icon_eek.gif

drool.gif

Those were the best years of all for muscle cars IMHO …possibly as late as 1972 with some models. I particularly like the ’66 goat and the 4-4-2 drool.gif

I completely agree, I think the age of the Muscle Cars was the early 60s to 1972. Things were never quite the same after that and haven’t been the same since. Unfortunately with the oil situation the way it is there probably won’t be another great generation of muscle cars like that, unless they use an alternative source of fuel. 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sadly I think you’re right Garibaldi. The new cars may have the horsepower, but they don’t have the balls the ’60s muscle cars had. They don’t keep you awake at night thinking about that ultimate holeshot that rattles the fillings out of the teeth of anyone close enough to witness it icon_cheesygrin.gif thumbsup.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Sadly I think you’re right Garibaldi. The new cars may have the horsepower, but they don’t have the balls the ’60s muscle cars had. They don’t keep you awake at night thinking about that ultimate holeshot that rattles the fillings out of the teeth of anyone close enough to witness it icon_cheesygrin.gif thumbsup.gif

Exactly what I’m thinking Kevin. Not only do a lot of them IMO lack the styling of the 60s they also lack that indefinible quality that made those muscle cars all they are.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Garibaldi,

Yep. Back then you could identify the car’s model and year a block away. Now, with the cookie-cutter philosophy, it’s hard to tell a Toyota from Chevy icon_sad.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.