Welcome Forum The Lounge Consumer Reports’ car reliability survey shows…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

Its sad to see only one American manufacturer on that list. There are plenty of domestic cars lines that are just as reliable as the ones on that list.

Of course, vehicle maintenance has something to do with the dependability of every vehicle.

GTO Man
    moparkid25 wrote:
    Its sad to see only one American manufacturer on that list. There are plenty of domestic cars lines that are just as reliable as the ones on that list.

Of course, vehicle maintenance has something to do with the dependability of every vehicle.

I agree. Ford and GM are just as dependable as the foreign owned manufacturers. To follow the Honda and Toyota maintenance plan is very expensive. COuld it be that Ford and GM owners don’t follow the suggested maintenance plan as closely as Honda and Toyota owners?

moparkid25
    Participant

I blame lack of maintenance on the consumer, not the price of what it costs. Granted, Im sure cost is a factor, but the cost of repairs due to lack of maintenance is greater.

Vehicles are designed to last 300k plus miles nowadays. They get that from being maintained. I dont agree with extended interval oil changes either, unless a proven synthetic oil is used. Oils still break down.

lordairgtar
    Participant
    GTO Man wrote:
    moparkid25 wrote:

I agree. Ford and GM are just as dependable as the foreign owned manufacturers. To follow the Honda and Toyota maintenance plan is very expensive. COuld it be that Ford and GM owners don’t follow the suggested maintenance plan as closely as Honda and Toyota owners?

I don’t know about the cost. You can always have those services performed by independant service garages. Or you can change your own oil and rotate your own wheels. Just keep reciepts for record of purchase so your warranty will be protected. After warranty is up, their is no reason to pay tyhe dealership

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.